62/12 or 14 help!!

olwhitey

well ive been doin a lot of readin and stuff but still cant decide on which size turbo to get with the tax refund. i want somethin that spools decent and everything but also want some top end pullin airflow. i have a drag comp and plan on gettin 150 horse injectors b4 the turbo but i kinda want to plan out my path. i tow some but not all the time so i want somethin that i dont have to baby to keep the egts down. would a 12 housing or 14 work better for me? any input would be great.
thanks.
Paul

olwhitey said:
well ive been doin a lot of readin and stuff but still cant decide on which size turbo to get with the tax refund. i want somethin that spools decent and everything but also want some top end pullin airflow. i have a drag comp and plan on gettin 150 horse injectors b4 the turbo but i kinda want to plan out my path. i tow some but not all the time so i want somethin that i dont have to baby to keep the egts down. would a 12 housing or 14 work better for me? any input would be great.
thanks.
Paul

62/12 is great for spool and towing.....My CR make 530/1050 with EGT's around 1000 degrees Max (POST TURBO).....stock injectors though....I'm going with 90 HP sticks pretty soon, so EGT's will be creeping up....

I'm hoping to build a small set of twins with it next....

just my .02

I've run 62/65/12, 62/65/14, 64/65/12, 64/65/14 & now the Super stock 62/71/14. I tow 15k# & let me say that after all these turbos & 5 different sets of sticks including 150hp which I didn't like because the smoke was out of control & they were too hot to tow, I have found a great all around combo for driving, sled pulls, towing & fun. The 62/71/14 combined with Industrial Injection Dragon fly's.

Maybe see about getting an Industrial Injection Silver Bullet or SPS 62mm with a 12cm housing, I have been told they can machine them to fit.

What I want is a SPS62/71/12 that is gasket matched and then coated at Swaintech with enlarged wastegate passages.

I was gonna suggest if you have the money to get a HTT 62/13 SS It would be right in the middle of what you want, spool similiar to a 12 and flow like a 14.

I have a PS62/14 with 125hp injectors. It spools a bit slow but pulls a trailer like a sled dog. My egts are never over 1200F while pulling long hills when GCVW is around 20-25K. Normally fully loaded on level ground I pull about 75 mph, tach around 2000, and egt's are about 1050. I love it....if it would just spool a little quicker...but we can't have it all! :D

1000* post turbo can equate up to 1500* pre turbo if not more.

Personally, I'd go with the 62/12 if I was towing. I don't tow with mine but I can imagine that it would be a great turbo. It spools lightning fast. I love it.

4x4dually said:
I have a PS62/14 with 125hp injectors. It spools a bit slow but pulls a trailer like a sled dog. My egts are never over 1200F while pulling long hills when GCVW is around 20-25K. Normally fully loaded on level ground I pull about 75 mph, tach around 2000, and egt's are about 1050. I love it....if it would just spool a little quicker...but we can't have it all! :D

I have the same turbo but smaller injectors. Mine starts spooling at 1400 rmp then at 1600 it throws ya back into your seat till you let off. I kinda wish I went with the 12cm but I hear the 14cm housing would work better when I upgrade to twins in a few months.