62-65-12 turbo

Hitchedup

Hello,
Beginers thread on another forum recomends this turbo along with 5x.012 injectors to reach my power goals.
1. is this a direct fit replacement?
2. what are some makes and names/numbers of comparable turbos?
(confused by different makers markings)
3. Who carries this turbo w/eng brake?
4.what mods needed for turbo w/eng brake?
5. Is a stock 96 12v exhaust manifold a T3?

Sorry for so many questions, waiting for parts and am trying to plan next moves.
Thanks

96 12v, nv 4500 4wd, KDP'd, BHAF, 4:10's, Pyro-boost-fuel, afe 4", AFC mods, 11 plate 4now, waiting for 60# valve, 4gsk,

Last edited:
1) Yes in most cases. They generally require new downpipes.
2) Most are S300 based and everyone makes their versions. Industrial Injection, Engineered Diesel, High Tech Turbo, ATS, Schied, Precision Turbo, Borg Warner so on and so forth. They won't all be 62/65/12 but similar.
3) Run on from #2
4) 60lb springs, and I would look for an exhaust brake that mounts under the truck rather than on the turbo. I suppose someone has done a turbo mount with that exhaust housing. Pacbrake and a couple of others build units for many applications that could be made to work. Mounting downstream requires welding the exhaust together at the joints between the brake and the turbo to handle the backpressure.
5)Yes

6)Someone is going to tell you to search. Be warned.

Last edited:
1) Yes in most cases. They generally require new downpipes.
2) Most are S300 based and everyone makes their versions. Industrial Injection, Engineered Diesel, High Tech Turbo, ATS, Schied, Precision Turbo, Borg Warner so on and so forth. They won't all be 62/65/12 but similar.
3) Run on from #2
4) 60lb springs, and I would look for an exhaust brake that mounts under the truck rather than on the turbo. I suppose someone has done a turbo mount with that exhaust housing. Pacbrake and a couple of others build units for many applications that could be made to work. Mounting downstream requires welding the exhaust together at the joints between the brake and the turbo to handle the backpressure.
5)Yes

6)Someone is going to tell you to search. Be warned.

Hey Thanks, That will help. Been searching.
Wondering if I will encounter problems with provided downpipe install to my
AFE 4".(I beleive it matches the stock (3"?) down to the bend? An under truck exh brake might solve those probs though. Welding no prob.

Will check out those manufacturers, have been looking at HTT HTB2,Phatshaft 62,ATS Aurora.
Any opinion about the HTT hybrid, or is spending that much not worth it?
60# springs and 4GSK are coming but am having trouble getting them from PDR-out of stock-trying to cancel order.
Valair dd is on the way too.

Hey Thanks, That will help. Been searching.
Wondering if I will encounter problems with provided downpipe install to my
AFE 4".(I beleive it matches the stock (3"?) down to the bend? An under truck exh brake might solve those probs though. Welding no prob.

Will check out those manufacturers, have been looking at HTT HTB2,Phatshaft 62,ATS Aurora.
Any opinion about the HTT hybrid, or is spending that much not worth it?
60# springs and 4GSK are coming but am having trouble getting them from PDR-out of stock-trying to cancel order.
Valair dd is on the way too.

Give forced inductions a call for a turbo. They seem to be very reasonable on pricing and are nice people to deal with. Just my $.02

Give forced inductions a call for a turbo. They seem to be very reasonable on pricing and are nice people to deal with. Just my $.02

Attempted that site but got the message
"Malicious web site blocked" I guess from my Anti virus softwhare.
Thanks for the attempt.

Thanks

Yes I figured that out yesterday while searching on here. Didn't know that option was available, new here.

Will attempt to contact at first oportunity.