62-65-14/S474 vs. Stocker/S474 Twins

GhostRider7

With everything that's in my sig, what's the difference in streetability? I'm gonna be getting a set in the near future and am stuck between the two. This very well could be the last mod I do so I want something that is going to be a blast to drive on the street. I don't drag race or anything so I'm not concerned about that. What size sticks are recommeded for the 62-65-14/S474? I know 90's (which I have now) are supposed to be a great match for the stocker/s400 setup but am not sure how welll they work with the bigger secondary. Again fun daily driving is the key. Thanks

Jason

stocker /s474 will spool quicker but will also have a lot more limitations

62/65/14 is still a small turbo & with 90's you will have no problem spooling

Go for the 62/65/14 - S474 combo if you can afford it !

that's a NICE daily driver setup & it will basically do it all very well !

stocker /s474 will spool quicker but will also have a lot more limitations

62/65/14 is still a small turbo & with 90's you will have no problem spooling

Go for the 62/65/14 - S474 combo if you can afford it !

that's a NICE daily driver setup & it will basically do it all very well !

Thanks for the reply man, I glad to hear that my 90's will work fine:Cheer:

stocker/s400 (cheaper) will give u an easy 600+ with egts that dont go over 1250*

if your gonna go bigger nozzles the stocker/s400 will handle up to 120 to 150(pushing it)
the larger nozzles will be better with the 62

stocker/s400 (cheaper) will give u an easy 600+ with egts that dont go over 1250*

if your gonna go bigger nozzles the stocker/s400 will handle up to 120 to 150(pushing it)
the larger nozzles will be better with the 62

That's good to hear, I was afraid that 90's were the max for the stocker/s400. I wouldn't be upset if I were right at the 650-700hp level whenever it's all said and done. Going with the stocker/s400 would also probably save me around 1k.

Hey if you don't mind my asking, what all were you running when you had your stocker/s400 setup? I been doing a lot of reading and you seemed to have been happy with yours

Hey if you don't mind my asking, what all were you running when you had your stocker/s400 setup? I been doing a lot of reading and you seemed to have been happy with yours

yes i was very happy with it and the $$$$ was very cheap for the power- i'' give the break down;
mpi stocker/s400 (used) 2600
extrude honed nozzles (45%) 330
arp studs 395
arson 3 - 395
fass hvfp- 450
smarty-685
trans (goerend tc/vb/ shift master, billet input) 3000- (CAT flexplate)-100

did 566 on a dyno dynamics (owner said its 30-40 hp lower then other dynos)
12.6@109 1/4 mile with 1.9 60' with 35'' tires/ full fuel tank

max egts ever were 1250*

any more feel free to ask
Joel

yes i was very happy with it and the $$$$ was very cheap for the power- i'' give the break down;
mpi stocker/s400 (used) 2600
extrude honed nozzles (45%) 330
arp studs 395
arson 3 - 395
fass hvfp- 450
smarty-685
trans (goerend tc/vb/ shift master, billet input) 3000- (CAT flexplate)-100

did 566 on a dyno dynamics (owner said its 30-40 hp lower then other dynos)
12.6@109 1/4 mile with 1.9 60' with 35'' tires/ full fuel tank

max egts ever were 1250*

any more feel free to ask
Joel

That's nearly an identical setup to what I'm running now except that I have a stage III cp3. Hmmmm gives me something to think about, I would love to never have to worry about my EGT's again!! Thanks Joel

:what: Enlighten me Joel.

C.A.T.

it's listed wrong "under BMW"

I have it on my truck with no problems (cant see being able to break it)
and my friend who recommended it has had his on his pulling truck (twins/nitrous.....) for 5 years- with no issue

quality is very good and you cant beat the price

C.A.T.

and my friend who recommended it has had his on his pulling truck (twins/nitrous.....) for 5 years- with no issue

Wow! You just saved me $300 when mine breaks! LOL Thanks! :bow:

no problem-- give them a call- i was told $60 for it.......... so cheap worth buying and holding on till needed- lol

C.A.T.

Did you have to do anything to clear the pump?