650hp 6.7 cummins build HELP!

Derekveneman

hey guys i have a 2012 cummins mega with 38k miles. I recently put studs in it and an air intake(basically every thing i can do my self). Its a not Urea truck and is dependable. To be honest i am very bored with its stock power level and im looking for something a little more “crazy”. Im not looking for 800hp but i am looking for some zest out of it.Maybe 650-700hp. Ive spent hours on forums and diesel websites finding the best parts that will fit my wants. I will also be towing occasionally. Anyway let me get down to want i want to say and ask. For tuning I'm thinking some PPEI tunes. I know my trans will not support that for long. So im looking into RevMax right now. Ive never heard negative things about them( maybe cause no one runs them? i don't know). Ive also been told that to get to the high 600s ill need a 10mm pump. Another fuel related mod would be a lift pump. i was thinking a fast or airdog. And that stock charger has also got to go and I've heard really positive feed back about that s467.7 fmw.. Please give me feed back! positive or negative i don't care. Any concerns about the motor? Common issues with the 2012s? Any certain brands for these parts? Do you know of a better trans than RevMax? And of course list your mods and HP as well i always like seeing what you have! Im not trying to build the piss out of it. I just want something SNAPPY!:kick:

I think your on the right track to get the hp goals your looking for. Fleece makes a good s467 second gen swap kit. I ran one of fleeces cheetah turbo on my 2007.5 an it loved it only sold it cause I went to twins. The only trouble I've heard it when u get 750 plus hp the connecting rods brake. If money is short I would just put a fass on the truck and have your tuner max out the stock cp3 an that's could b added later. The best pumps to buy are Exergy's in my experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arp 625's, black market performance 2nd gen swap kit with the s467.7, 100hp nozzels, dual fuelers, and a trans should put you right there with some good tuning. and remember some valve springs and pushrods are always a cheap insurance policy

arp 625's, black market performance 2nd gen swap kit with the s467.7, 100hp nozzels, dual fuelers, and a trans should put you right there with some good tuning. and remember some valve springs and pushrods are always a cheap insurance policy

You think I need push robs? And springs? I've talked to so many people about when you NEED springs and non of them know. What causes you to need springs?

A 464, and a 467 will get you there easily. A true 10mm stroker pump will be more than sufficient. And look into suncoast for a transmission. Don't just do nozzles either, just get your stock injectors modified to the size you want. 50% overs would likely be plenty.

You think I need push robs? And springs? I've talked to so many people about when you NEED springs and non of them know. What causes you to need springs?

A certain amount of boost pressure over stock, and rpm. Find out exactly what you're going to be doing.

I've got a crazy idea.... why don't you shoot for 600 rwhp? That's a fun power level. You can get close with stock injectors and CP3. Upgrade the turbo with a third gen turbo and manifold. If it's not enough then upgrade more. A second gen s467.7 should be good for around 800-850 hp with 100% injectors and dual CP3s
I run a RevMax 850 tuned by Dave Matthews and have no complaints. I've heard Suncoast is good but there customer service SUCKS. RevMax I can tell you first hand has great customer service

Last edited:
I've got a crazy idea.... why don't you shoot for 600 rwhp? That's a fun power level. You can get close with stock injectors and CP3. Upgrade the turbo with a third gen turbo and manifold. If it's not enough then upgrade more. A second gen s467.7 should be good for around 800-850 hp with 100% injectors and dual CP3s
I run a RevMax 850 tuned by Dave Matthews and have no complaints. I've heard Suncoast is good but there customer service SUCKS. RevMax I can tell you first hand has great customer service

To be fair, there are good and bad customer service reviews about both mentioned transmission companies.