66/71/13 turbo on a 12 valve

dzsports

Viper69
i have 1996 dodge Cummings custom mega cab with auto trans and 354 gears with 35 tire
370 injectors , pump work , 19 deg timing,
i need to replace my stock turbo with a bigger one to cool down my egt
i have a new high tech 66/71/13 that i had bought for my 06 mega but not sure how it will work on my 12 valve ? not sure if it will spool ?

I hear a little shop in Maryland can hook you up with a better charger!

sorry couldn't resist

The original post said 370's, but we all know how vague that can be.

Yeah ignore my earlier post.

On a serious note my roommate in college ran this exact charger on his 12v 5 speed with 5x12s and 4ks. It spooled ok. Around 2000+ it came on. Tuning and fuel play such a big role its hard tellin you how it will run on your truck.

Yeah ignore my earlier post.

On a serious note my roommate in college ran this exact charger on his 12v 5 speed with 5x12s and 4ks. It spooled ok. Around 2000+ it came on. Tuning and fuel play such a big role its hard tellin you how it will run on your truck.

This.
AND the fact it is a Mega Cab now, lord knows how much that thing weighs as well now. Which will also play a spool factor. As well as TC Stall(If its an auto), and rearend gear.

EDIT: Double checked, with 3:55s and 35s and an auto trans more than likely with a tight converter it wouldnt be very fun to drive.

Last edited:
This.
AND the fact it is a Mega Cab now, lord knows how much that thing weighs as well now. Which will also play a spool factor. As well as TC Stall(If its an auto), and rearend gear.

EDIT: Double checked, with 3:55s and 35s and an auto trans more than likely with a tight converter it wouldnt be very fun to drive.

Agreed. My 3:55s and 32s with a 5 speed are ok with my turbo but I cant imagine going too much higher in my gearing and still keeping my sanity. Granted I have a box66 but still.

I actually saw your truck in Orem last year. Couldn't tell if it was 12 or 24. Sweet truck, throw that 66 on and see how it does

Edit: if you are close enough I can help you tune that thing, I ran a 66-74-12 on my 12 valve and I had it smokeless running some high 12's. granted your truck is a lot heavier, we can get it runnin good!

Last edited: