68rfe help!!!

DieselP

Anyone run a REVMAX unit? Ive already went through 3 Billet trans and looking for a different route. Revmax seem like very legit guys and great customer service unlike others any advice will help. thanks

Last edited:
Sell it and put a 47re or 48re in it. I promise you will save money in the long run. My buddy is on his 3rd one and two of those were thru revmax

Anyone run a REVMAX unit? Ive already went through 3 Billet trans and looking for a different route. Revmax seem like very legit guys and great customer service unlike others any advice will help. thanks

what type have you been running?

Im running a Revmax 850 in my 12 for over a year now with no issues currently DD @ 750hp. Solid unit with the 250psi trans tuning, the shifts are clean, fast and the overdrives will hold the power. Great support and warranty should you ever need it.

Chris.

Current trans is a Bd unit and I should have done my research first
Because I spent more than any other brand out there. I'm not doing a conversion, I love the 6 gears and wanna keep the truck with the 6 speed.
My goal was 600hp dd, but this trans won't even hold my current 450.

Get the 850 has a better converter and you have room to grow. Sell that BD on the CF or talk to Frank or Tom at Revmax to see what they can do for you. I agree the gearing & tap shifter of the 68 for DD driving is hard to beat. Any power or racing over 800-850hp I build a 47/48RE hands down.

What gears and tire size you running? Are you killing the overdrives on the BD unit?

285 tire size, 373 gears, bascially stock. The first trans it shuttered real bad in 6th, they said od was done. The second trans broke one of the shafts.

285 tire size, 373 gears, bascially stock. The first trans it shuttered real bad in 6th, they said od was done. The second trans broke one of the shafts.

If you have much done to the truck its very hard to keep od from going out..well at least for guys around here. Gotta have the 225-250psi line pressure for it to last at all.

It didn't have much when this all has been happening, the trans never lasted over 2000 miles each time.

The billet drum with the additional clutch is probably more important than the billet shaft.
I have 19k miles on my Redline 68re and all is good. I'm going to take it in for the 20k mile service this coming week hopefully and will report back.

Just put a 850 in yesterday. Few things I'm looking to clear up...

We did the relearn but it was after I switched the trans tuning on my blackmaxx to the revmax settings. Were we suppose to take the truck to stock and drive it like that for the first couple hundred miles? Right know it has the 5 and 6 shifts set to highest, LP at 250 and firmness at default.

Put about a hundred miles on it so far and seems to be feeling good. The shift from 3-4 will cause a small chirp of the tires then a few seconds later the torque converter locks and when it does the truck wants to take off. Haven't gone about 2k rpms and have been running it up through 6th and back down. Manual and auto.

Just put a 850 in yesterday. Few things I'm looking to clear up...

We did the relearn but it was after I switched the trans tuning on my blackmaxx to the revmax settings. Were we suppose to take the truck to stock and drive it like that for the first couple hundred miles? Right know it has the 5 and 6 shifts set to highest, LP at 250 and firmness at default.

Put about a hundred miles on it so far and seems to be feeling good. The shift from 3-4 will cause a small chirp of the tires then a few seconds later the torque converter locks and when it does the truck wants to take off. Haven't gone about 2k rpms and have been running it up through 6th and back down. Manual and auto.

Your good you want to run the Revmax tuning at all times. Just take it easy for a few hundred miles on the same tuning. After that you'll need to get the new CVI values call Frank at Revmax with the readings. If all good then you should be able to let it eat. The chirp or squak at the shifts is normal for the first 500 miles due to the high line pressure and the new frictions being grabby as they are wearing in. Mine will bark the tires on the 4 to 5 shift at anything above 70% throttle. I smile everytime and it never get old. LOL.

Chris

Awesome just making sure. I saw on their site to do it on stock and 225. But we did the relearn on the H&S stuff and 250. took the CVI's then drove it for like 10 miles and took them again and they barely changed at all. Maybe by one or two on a couple of the values.

It feels good going to 6 an back down. I was just making sure I wasn't on the route to ruining something. I was even gonna go to the dealer to relearn it again to be safe.

Awesome just making sure. I saw on their site to do it on stock and 225. But we did the relearn on the H&S stuff and 250. took the CVI's then drove it for like 10 miles and took them again and they barely changed at all. Maybe by one or two on a couple of the values.

It feels good going to 6 an back down. I was just making sure I wasn't on the route to ruining something. I was even gonna go to the dealer to relearn it again to be safe.

Yes 250 psi is all I run I see no reason to run less. My trans fluid always runs cool even towing. You don't need to do another relearn FYI you can force a relearn just by driving it easy no more then 10% throttle going thru the pace's 1 thru 6 then down shifting back to 1 and repeat 10 cycles or more. Each cycle increasing throttle input up to 60% max at the last cycle. After a few hundred then let it eat. One thing to remember once you reflash a new engine tune or trans tune you should drive easy for 30-40 miles of up shifts and downshifts just like a relearn before you hammer down.

Chris

We wanted a RevMax for our 07.5 truck and after a lengthy call to them and being told they would offer ZERO warranty due to our truck being lifted and on 37's with 3.73's We will swap the truck to a built 48re and they,RevMax,can go pound sand.

NEVER in my life have I been treated so rudely on the phone as I was with them.I understand crap breaks but if you have no faith in your $8000+ product maybe you should not be in business.After being told that We would have to show a receipt of a gear swap to any set 4.56 or shorter just to validate any warranty.They will get no money from Us.IMO RevMax is just as bad as the other vendor mentioned in this thread.

We wanted a RevMax for our 07.5 truck and after a lengthy call to them and being told they would offer ZERO warranty due to our truck being lifted and on 37's with 3.73's We will swap the truck to a built 48re and they,RevMax,can go pound sand.

NEVER in my life have I been treated so rudely on the phone as I was with them.I understand crap breaks but if you have no faith in your $8000+ product maybe you should not be in business.After being told that We would have to show a receipt of a gear swap to any set 4.56 or shorter just to validate any warranty.They will get no money from Us.IMO RevMax is just as bad as the other vendor mentioned in this thread.

lol we will warranty the product if you change your setup so that it doesnt see near the forces... Sounds legit...

Maybe you just got some nobody on the phone.

Every component or assembly has limitations no matter the price tag and warranty. I can't comment for how they treated you over the phone but that's the first complaint ive heard on being rude. Hey least they didn't take your $8,000 and it breaks then tell you to pound sand because your running 37's and 3:73's.

How much power and torque are you making? If your running 37's with 3:73's and making big power the 48 would be a wise choice. The lower cost of rebuilds are a plus and you can easily build or rebuild them yourself for much less. The 68 has a .62 double overdrive which is low, At 72 mph you would only be turning 1500 rpm in 6th gear...120mph at 2500 rpm so the 48 seems to be your best route and use it only as a three speed for most of its life. 3rd gear using the 48 at 2500 rpms puts you at 74mph.

I think they did you and themselves a favor if your set on running 3:73's and 37's. Build or buy a good 48 with the right stall and save yourself $4K.

Chris

Back