68rfe tranny problem

johnhaynes18

hello everybody, well i had some problems with installing my tranny temp guage, i bought the t fitting for it to go into the hotline on the tranny and Well me and my buddy cut the hot line in my tranny and lost most of the tranny fluid that was in the lines, so we hooked it up and we went to the dodge house to buy some more factory fluid cause i didnt feel comfortable mixing fluids, we put 3 and a half quarts of it in the tranny (dipstick) and start it up. we put it in neutral real quick to check the level and it seems full, but the problem is when i shift into reverse sometimes the truck (sometimes) bogs down and dyes on me, it dropps from about 700rpms to roughly 400rpms. And not only does it sometimes dye on me it jerks it hard into each geareverytime ( this goes for r,n and drive position.) and rockets away from you, the brakes can barely keep up with it. and when your driving down the road its slipping throught pretty much all gears pretty bad, And also to stop the tranny fluid for coming out of the line we used paper towels and we thought we got it all out but as of right now everythings a possability. its just frustrating and im not sure what caused it nor what to do about it. any and all input is GREATLY appreciated i just want my truck back on the road driving like it should.

O and my tranny shifted just fine and smooth befor we attempted this so it has something to do with this... and also we changed my ccv filter but dont think this had anything to do with it.

once again if anybody can chime in with some info man id appreciate it alot. thank you all again

Your sure your not low on tranny fluid? Check it in neutral and everything?

Hey aer212, it shows that it is full in neutral and i drove it a couple miles today and added aboiut half a quart and didnt help anything out. it actually was slipping worse when its not warm.