6bt into a comanchee!

Drasko

well, my buddy dropped a valve seat in his 03 and i built him a completely new motor free of labor and he just bought the parts.
i told him he couldnt pay me but he is giving me a jeep comanchee in partial trade...... and i am pickin up a complete 12valve friday for $300 friday.
has anyone shoehorned a 5.9 into a cherokee or comanchee?

Seen them in S10's and Dakotas, but never a Commanche...if the 4.0L I6 gasser would fit, the 5.9 "shouldn't" be too much harder right??

Chris

thats what im thinkin....
4.0l I6 327cid
5.9l I6 359cid
im gonna measure my 12v later and see what it comes out to be... this will be #3 in my fleet lol and it should be FAST on 35" tires and 3/4ton drivetrain!!!
im think read mounted radiator so i can put the intercooler up front and trimmed inner fenders for clearance in the engine bay............

Keep in mind that the 6 in the comanchee/cherokee has so little clearance that the water pump had to be mounted off to the side . There is no extra room . That being said cut the firewall and DO IT:cool:

You'll need a good portion of the firewall cut, but it can be done.

The Commanche is the Same Size as the Older Dakotas and they are bigger than S10 and Rangers So It could be done.

well i pick my motor up friday and the truck will be in my shop on saturday so its gonna get done........ still trying to finish the pulling truck and the fueling issues on my 06 so it will take a while but its gonna happen. i think im gonna cut out a good chunk of the firewall to squeeze it in.

Keep in mind that the 6 in the comanchee/cherokee has so little clearance that the water pump had to be mounted off to the side . There is no extra room . That being said cut the firewall and DO IT:cool:

Eh?? I have a Cherokee and the water pump is on the front of the engine.

The main issue will be HEIGHT, and WEIGHT.

The valve covers will be through the hood.

Who said it was gonna have a hood?

Yes it is still up front but moved from the center like the Cummins.

Might cut the hood and stick the valve covers and part of the turbo through the good or do a big cowl. Don't worry guys, this is a toy and I will make it work! Radiator will be rear mounted in the bed.

Back