6k mile 06 CR with blown tranny

PTSUPERD

^^ Rockin the Fez!
Well, it took my buddy 6 thousand miles to fry his transmission with a Bullydog triple dog. He was running Crazy Larry. 06 Crewcab 1 ton dually 4x4 Laramie with every available option. (sweet truck)

I told him...I told him...I told him to not run it without tranny mods. He was convinced that the programmer would defuel before any damage was done.

What a moron.

He took the programmer out and took it to the dealer. He did not bother to remove the stage 2 AFE kit. The tech saw it, got curious and found the manifold tapped as well. Warranty is now voided.LOL

It looks like he will be buying a tranny. Who builds a strong tranny (to hold 450-500 hp) for a reasonable amount of money for a Dodge? What are you guys running?

See Joe Webb of SunCoast Converters..... He can set you up from mild to wild...

Suncoast was the first one that came to my mind. I've had good luck with their convertor in my truck.

Thanks

If he likes to get really stoopid with the truck, Suncoast all the way. They have just proven themselves time and time again in my book.

Oh he likes to get stupid all right.LOL Never seen a dually get sideways like that one can (could). I knew it was a matter of time.

He shouldnt need billet shafts etc for that power level right? I doubt he will be doing much more in terms of adding more power.

it all depends, if he starts doing really hard boosted launches, or he messes with the tq managment, or low end fueling option on the bully dog hes going to want to.

I second if you want it to take abuse and hold together go with HTS Transmissions you will not be sorry.

Suncoast Converter, HTS transmission here. Love it. Dusty can set it up any way your buddy wants.

Since you're in there get a billet input. You'll sleep better knowing you're not gonna take out a shiny new torque converter. If he's got the cash, pop for the flexplate too. I like doing things once.

Lots of tranny opinions out there. I'd say make some calls. If he knows a thing or two, he'll be able to separate the weat from the chaff. Get prices and warranty info to compare. Be truthful about power expectations.

I cant "dog" anybody else. I can say that HTS has taken care of everything I needed and gave me exactly what I wanted. :ylsuper:

-AE

diesel_ram_man said:
Goerend bros. all the way, he builds one mean trans, for cheap too.

You got that right! I have a customer with an 06 running a GB trans & of course I run one.
Here is a vid of a 3rd gen with stock charger:
Click here to see Video

Dave & I set it up with billet input & intermediate shaft, with a billet clutch drum.

diesel_ram_man said:
Goerend bros. all the way, he builds one mean trans, for cheap too.

I third this.....I love the tranny and triple disc converter he built for me!! The BEST customer service as well.

Travis

I have a Goerend triple lock and I love it. David was awesome to talk with, and thier warrenty is second to none. What ever you decide to go with, it will be better then stock:doh:

What tranny mods do I need for the same set up? I have heard V/B change out and converter. Is that all?

Swapping out the VB and TC will HELP your stock unit last longer and is very worthwhile to do. The big killer in the Dodge tranny is low end torque and heat, one begets the other and with a high HP box a stock unit won't last long (see above LOL ). Upgrading those two items before you seriously damage the clutches will definitely help.