700hp build finished

Theredbeast

So I set out to build a 700hp 12 valve to put in my 97 f250. Finally finished and I’ve been driving it now for about 700 miles. The truck is fast but at Wot it barely smokes (not a bad thing) so I feel like I can get a lot more power out of it. Egts are between 1300-1400 at wot and about 70 psi boost. I need to dyno or run the 1/4 to prove my numbers. Here is my build list

97 12v motor bored .01 over fully studded top and bottom marine HG
Hamilton 188/220 cam large tappets hd pushrods and #165 springs
180hp pump @22deg* 4K gov rack plug and .024dvs benched 484cc (bponci)
Fass 220gph lift pump fed by a beans sump @60psi
5x14 extrude honed injectors
Billet 63/68/.8 gated over a s478 compound setup
Ford superduty intercooler and radiator
Stage 5 ats e4od automatic

Solely in my opinion, that injector seems it’s on the small side in a maximum hp type situation for the amount of air you have on tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Solely in my opinion, that injector seems it’s on the small side in a maximum hp type situation for the amount of air you have on tap.

I agree. :pop:

I also agree on the injector because im fighting a similiar fight. I am also curious to see what each turbo is putting out for boost. Ide put some money on your over working the s3 a bit much to get 700 your after. The wastegate ports are small on a cast housing.

I’d say it needs a good external gate for sure.

So I should leave my dv’s alone and go bigger injector? And what should I do about the turbo?

I’d leave the dv’s alone.

Run it and see what it does. If you want more go bigger injectors. If that doesnt work, gate around the secondary more.

A set of comp cut or 7mm delivery valves would make a big difference over what your running. And they are cheap and easy.

I agree with the above. I hope the E4OD holds up. I never had any luck with them while I was pulling my old 97. It didn't matter how much $$$ I threw at it. Haha

A mechanical injector can only inject what it is given, if the pump's output is insufficient then a larger orifice may not help. There are modifications that can be made to increase the output of your current set and is a cheaper option than starting over.

My 63 ate the compressor housing so I need a turbo. Looks like more fuel is on hold. I’m guessing it’s because of to much boost

I doubt that. You would need to figure you your pressure ratios before making that assumption.

I agree with what everyone else has said, anything over 700hp requires a substantially larger injector. 5x.018 will get you there a lot easier, with plenty to spare for even bigger numbers in the future. I also like Weston’s recommendation to do some work to the internals of the 5x.014 before jumping to a bigger size. Either will get you to where you want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your running low timing you are driving the secondary hard with late fuel.

Theredbeast,you're running about the same set up I am!Love bponci pump also!Who built or where did you get the 78 mm primary?What are the spec's?Thanks

I'm running a maxed 180 pump with 7mm DV's and Schied 5x.018's and I mostly clean up on top with my he351 over s475. You could throw a lot more fuel at those chargers and still be fine. I'm basically out of pump with my setup currently. If I want a substantial gain 215 pump or 13mm is in order. You won't be able to overfuel those turbo's with that pump basically.