727 trans upgrades...

ben99

Hey guys, the tranny in my 1990 cummins is getting pretty tired... and I am going to rebuild it this winter if i sell my other truck before this one, then this one will be my daily driver. I have a good friend of mine that can help me rebuild the tranny, just wondering what upgrades to do to it to hold about 400hp. And where to get the parts to put in it as I cant seem to find much. I am kinda partial to Georends trannys since they build a killer tranny in my 99. And I dont want any DTT parts since they had 3 chances to build a tranny that would last more than 5k in my 99 and couldn't do it... I have already gave them enough money. So who else makes parts for the 727?

with a 727 I would do a stock rebuild with some extra clutches and do a shift kit and good Convertor. Georend has one for about $650.

I have a goerend also, good converter. Might want to spend an extra $300 for a steel planetary if you have the cash, they go at a little over 500hp or so it would seem. Good clutches also. These transmissions are tougher than most people think. Flexplate would be a good idea also. If you don't have the money then you can just risk it.

Ben, There is alot of stuff out there for that tranny. Let me know when you get ready to do it - I probably have it on the shelf.