727 vs 47RH case

duke1n

Banned
Doing the tranny swap now and wonding if one of those nice Lokar shifters for a 2wd 727 will bolt up to a 47RH with none or minimal fab work? How much different are the cases? Thanks

Edit: Looks like Lokar sells shifters for 518s as well which should be the same case as the 47 if I'm not mistaken?

My truck is in pieces right now between tranny swap, cam, turbo, injectors, and other work lol.

Last edited:
You can't get a ratchet shifter from B&M or other? It's cable operated, so you could have more options to mount it. I know the Ram2000 that Suncoast built had one in it. There may be a picture around on their site with it. I would think any 518 gate pattern would match it, but who knows...

brnadon.

Oh yeah I can use a B&M... just thought the Lokars were pretty slick units. Are the 47RH cases the same as the 518 cases in regards to the way that these mounting brackets would bolt on?

standardshifter.jpg

tailmountshifter.jpg

Dead sexy mike. i like the Lokar as well. What is all this talkey of cams, huffers, injectors and such? You going bigger than once thought?

Those are not even close to matching a 47RE case. For one, the gear selector shaft is vertical, not horizontal. Also the Lokar mounts to the tailhousing bolts and they're very different on the 47RE. Plus, the B&M rachet shifters have NHRA approved reverse lockouts.

HPIM0529.jpg

branodn.

Brandon, the pictures are not 518s I'm aware of that. Are you saying 518s and 47RHs are different cases? Lokars have reverse lockout. Don't know if they are NHRA approved but I bet they are.

Tim, not really going for more power, just better drivability. Don's going to tweak the 6s, Shane is going to tweak the huffer, and the cam will allow me to chuck the electric fuel pumps forever and might even help with spool and EGTs at the same time.

Last edited:
From what I read, 618 = 47RH, 47RE. 518 = 46RH, 46RE. Perhaps the 518 shifter would work? Maybe you'll have to purchase from a store with a liberal return policy.

rbandon.

Yup, I agree there. Have had decent luck with Summit racing regarding returning parts.

Anyone know the onwer of this truck? I really like the stance. 33s on 20s

Attachments

• blue_dodge.jpg
    blue_dodge.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I think they are all pretty close as far as the main case goes. If you need any pics I have a couple 727s around here...