8.3 cummins turning up in l800 dump truck

Blue01Cummins

Hey guys I have a 1997 8.3 in my l8000 I am wanting to turn it up a decent amount but no enough to hurt anything.. stock say 275 hp I would be happy with 350 to 400 I would think. What should I start with first? Thanks

You get it figured out 'cause I'm right behind you. I have an 8.3L transplant thread for my dump truck but it hasn't made it off the stand yet. Get all the kinks worked out and post it up. ;)

And since you have a running one...I might have some questions. ;)

Last edited:
I've done 3 of them for buddies. The first one I was a little hesitant to go wild on the fuel plate but after adding a pyro I found they don't get hot even loaded to 55k+. I ended up grinding all the fuel plates to a "Zero" profile and backing the afc off some for some more low end fueling. Even with Zero plates they don't smoke alot when the pedals to the floor.

On edit: All these trucks had what look like a p7100 style pump and was the same as turning up a p-pump 5.9. I have no idea what other pumps come on 8.3s. I try to stick to working on Powerstrokes everyday day.. ha

Last edited:
I've done 3 of them for buddies. The first one I was a little hesitant to go wild on the fuel plate but after adding a pyro I found they don't get hot even loaded to 55k+. I ended up grinding all the fuel plates to a "Zero" profile and backing the afc off some for some more low end fueling. Even with Zero plates they don't smoke alot when the pedals to the floor.

On edit: All these trucks had what look like a p7100 style pump and was the same as turning up a p-pump 5.9. I have no idea what other pumps come on 8.3s. I try to stick to working on Powerstrokes everyday day.. ha

Some had P3000 pumps.