8 Inch lift

chriswelters

Just a kid
I went ahead and spent some money! I orderd the 8 inch dr lift. Didn't have a very good experience with them but the third party Northwest 4x4 helped me with them. Got some 37x13.50-17 pro comp xterrains and the moto metal 951s in chrome. Anyone got some tips for the lift install. Should be pretty nice!

what year truck is it going on (i.e. a coil sprung or leaf sprung truck)?
that info will help us help you with the lift

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
Come on brad...since when does DR make an 8" kit for the 05+

hehe

Take the 7" DR and add the 1" TEI spacer to it.
Or adjust the Zoo Roads to 8"

You moron.

LOL

chriswelters said:
I went ahead and spent some money! I orderd the 8 inch dr lift. Didn't have a very good experience with them but the third party Northwest 4x4 helped me with them. Got some 37x13.50-17 pro comp xterrains and the moto metal 951s in chrome. Anyone got some tips for the lift install. Should be pretty nice!

Spray everything with PB blaster beforehand.

Have a big enough pitman arm.

Have a 30mm socket for the trac bar bolt

Torque wrench

Heavy duty jack and stands

Lots of sockets, wrenches, etc..

DCSpecial said:
Take the 7" DR and add the 1" TEI spacer to it.
Or adjust the Zoo Roads to 8"

You moron.

LOL

I knew that was comming...still not considered a "kit"...look at your app guides :owned:

Youll have to excuse Dan, hes a little slow...he means a big enough pitman arm puller

btw, the main sockets will be 15mm and 18mm

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
I knew that was comming...still not considered a "kit"...look at your app guides :owned:

Youll have to excuse Dan, hes a little slow...he means a big enough pitman arm puller

btw, the main sockets will be 15mm and 18mm

DR doesn't make "kits"....they make "suspension systems" which are "modular" so you can add to them as you see fit to make the setup that you need.

And read the Comp D man law. You are improperly using the Owned icon and/or phrase.......it cannot be used to describe your own post..... :D

And yeah, I did mean pitman arm puller.

Alright i got the lift on. Looks pretty good I would say! The back looks like it sags a little bit though? Had a few Problems but it went alright. Does anyone know how much it cost to lengthen the front drive shaft?
index.cfm

index.cfm

Dan, they do have kits and you know it :doh:

Truck is lookin good; the shops i have dealt with anywhere from $70-125 for the extending the front dshaft

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
Dan, they do have kits and you know it :doh:

No, the preferred term is "suspension system".

The only Ford "kits" on their site, are carrier bearing "kits", dual stabilizer "kit", dual shock hoop "kit", and tei relocation bracket "kit".

All of their lifts are referred to as "systems".............as in *6" All Spring System*

You need to get the proper lingo down, son ......:bang

:poke:

Some more good news! My MBRB Exhaust and my AFE Intake will be in tomorrow. I got both test pipes and ill have to see what combo i like the best. Should be a good time! I will be gone during the week so I will have the local muffler shop put he exhaust in. As for the intake is there anything that i should know...any little trick for the install. How long should it take?

DCSpecial said:
DR doesn't make "kits"....they make "suspension systems" which are "modular" so you can add to them as you see fit to make the setup that you need.

And read the Comp D man law. You are improperly using the Owned icon and/or phrase.......it cannot be used to describe your own post..... :D

And yeah, I did mean pitman arm puller.

:owned:

^^ proper use :hehe:
BTW - i know i still need to get the measurement for the width of the rod ends for ya. just been really busy breaking/putting on some other stuff:doh: :bang

chriswelters said:
Some more good news! My MBRB Exhaust and my AFE Intake will be in tomorrow. I got both test pipes and ill have to see what combo i like the best. Should be a good time! I will be gone during the week so I will have the local muffler shop put he exhaust in. As for the intake is there anything that i should know...any little trick for the install. How long should it take?

dont be surprised if they(muffler shop) have to cut out the stock downpipe
as for the intake, it might take you a few minutes to pull the stocker out the first time(the push in tabs can hold it fairly firmly....to the point where you might feel like youre going to break it it you pull any harder), but once you get it out putting the AFE in should be a breeze. If you have trouble just start taking it apart instead a different way . its almost impossible to put it together wrong, so if it helps to take it out another way - do it.

Last edited:
?
no, im saying they might have to cut out the stock down pipe in order to get the new one on. Theyre often quite hard to get out and cutting them can make it a LOT easier.
they might not do it - im just saying dont be surprised it they do. However its not a 'bad' thing

Back