8 Lug Magazine "F-450"

NPloysa

Anyone seen the July 8 Lug issue with the "450" on the cover, lower left corner? What's the deal with this thing?

It's an '03-'05 (???) F-250 with a dual wheel conversion and dually bed, with an '06 front end and '08 "F-450" badges?

Isn't that like a ricer putting "Type R" badges on a regular-engined Civic?

So, MAYBE it has the load capacity of an F-350 with the duals, but what about the rest? Who is he trying to fool with the 450 badges and fake '08 engine side-grilles?

I think I will put 4500 badges on my 2500 Dodge, some KTM 1190 badges on my 950cc bike, maybe some Excursion badges on my Expedition, and RS8 badges on my A4.......

some guys just dont get the whole customization thing, it's about being different and not having the same thing as everybody else.. by your standards so far I guess you think we should all drive white single cad pick-ups with steel wheels and see through glass

some guys just dont get the whole customization thing, it's about being different and not having the same thing as everybody else.. by your standards so far I guess you think we should all drive white single cad pick-ups with steel wheels and see through glass

:eek:wned:

Sorry, first time I've been able to use that smiliey.:hehe:

I am a ricer to by your standards..

04 truck 05^ front conversion and an 08 tailgate..its just a hodgepodge of APC parts..LOL

I can kind of understand what he's talking about...if you dually the truck....debadge it completely...don't say F450...or some garbage...But to most people they wouldn't be able to tell the difference from an F250 to and F350...

i do agree with the 450 deal though..thats kinda cheezy..something is diffrent on the front suspension..it has the 05^ style steering stabs..thats not the normal setup.

i do agree with the 450 deal though..thats kinda cheezy..something is diffrent on the front suspension..it has the 05^ style steering stabs..thats not the normal setup.
How many joes would notice that though?

Oh okay. I could tell the difference in a truck that had an 05 front conversion, but I couldn't tell if it was once not a dually.

Oh, I don't mind the swapping of newer parts to older trucks, or vice versa, or customizing. Truck owners being different makes the trucks different. By mentioning the mods he did I was just saying it started out as an F-250.

I just think it's cheesy for people to claim their truck can tow or haul more than it really can by using higher capacity truck badges. :umno:

But like a few of you said, some guys couldn't tell if it was once an F-250, but some could tell it was not a true F-450 even if they looked at it briefly.

dude my truck can fly so im going to paint wings on the side and some 1500 badges with the hemi logo so ppl will stop asking me if it has a hemi