80 mph, and 900 degree egts, tuning??????

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
Guys

just swapped out DVs with my flys from full cuts to 181s. Yes there was a severe power loss, but with the plate at about 2/3 forward and the afc all the way back, (i feel a power loss) i still see egts of about 900 degrees at 80 mph, and gettin there i see just over 1200! :badidea:

what is it that i need to work on now, i dont get the fact that i feel like i lost power with the plate and afc back, but my egts are still high with the flies from Industrial...

anyone have any thoughts? My timing is at 16.5... I dont know what the hp level is now, I dont romp on the truck due to the fact that i can pop my IC boots at will if i romp on the truck... but for those of u curious

16.5 degrees
100 plate
181 DV's
Rips Twins
4K springs
Industrial injection Dragon flies
AFC full back and fuel plate at 2/3 forward...

ANy thoughts on what i must do next? or my hp levels? Im stumped.. the truck runs hotter than it did with full cuts and 370s, feels less powerful, and smokes less tho... but i had the afc full back and plate at same position.

THanks in advance!

Rick

Not that I'm anywhere near an expert, but from what I've read, 900 at cruizing speed is GOOD. Fuel burns more thoroughly, etc. Unless that is your pyro is post turbo or you tow a lot. 1200deg for short/medium times is no worry at all, unless once again your pyro is post turbo.

travis

tmacie said:
Not that I'm anywhere near an expert, but from what I've read, 900 at cruizing speed is GOOD. Fuel burns more thoroughly, etc. Unless that is your pyro is post turbo or you tow a lot. 1200deg for short/medium times is no worry at all, unless once again your pyro is post turbo.

travis

Pre turbo.....

just concerned about it, due to the fact the truck feels less powerful now, again a dyno will tell, but i need new ic boots first..

Rick

What were your EGT's before at 80MPH.. 900 doesn't sound bad.

I see 1200 @70MPH in OD locked:hehe:

I am trying to get rid of my 022's because I'm having the same problems.. There is absolutely no way I could tow with the setup I have. Last time I dyno'd, it wasn't near what it should be. I'm kind of hoping that the high EGT's and loss of power will point to one problem that'll fix both :poke:

Well I'm am not sure what my cruizing egts are, but with the 181's I put in with the same plate location and afc location; I went from a buried pyro on a hard run to 1200-1300*; and yes, not nearly the same kick in the pants as the laser cuts. Though now I can clear up the exhaust once the 3B lights, I never could before! When ramping up to speed on the interstate fairly easy; I will always hit about 1000*.
Txdiesel007, not sure if that helps, but it is what i experienced.
Tim.

Sounds like its about normal then

time for some 191s to go in.. i dont like the smoke, but i do want the power... thanks guys!

Rick