800hp Build

05Supersmoker

West Texas Diesel Perf.
Got a 40K budget on this. What engine mods needs to be done to get to this mark. What is the weak link on these engines??

Got a 40K budget on this. What engine mods needs to be done to get to this mark. What is the weak link on these engines??

Rods and pistons are the weak link. I'll sell ya my truck, 820rwhp last fall.

This is not my truck, though I wish I had that much to put into mine.
Here is a list, you guys tell me if i need more or somthing else.
Rods
Pistons
Injectors ( what size)
wicked cp3 pump
twins
camshaft
studs
intercooler
tuning
full billet tranny
?
?
?

You really need to know what it's going to get used for prior to picking a list of parts. Making 800 Hp isn't hard but to have 800 Hp and a nice daily driver that's going to last 100K miles and tow heavy loads isn't an easy thing to do. So figure out what the final truck has to do and work backwards to what's needed. Twins, rods, pistons, head studs, main studs, heads, camshaft, transmission , converter and more for sure.

I would call Guy Tripp at SoCal Diesel, there is a 7.1 stroker kit available with a Billet Crank and the complete engine can be built in house with a balanced set of injectors and custom tuning to go with it.

MPI Twins are also available for big power if you want to have lower egts and more boost thatn a big single can give you.

Twin CP3's from either PPE or ATS and headers and up-pipes from RDL.

If you need any info feel free to give me a call or email me.

Tony

I have been talking to guy I think we are going to do pistons, rods, cam, heads. I don't think we are going to do the stroker kit. This guys just tows his boat and 4 wheels that is it, no heavy hauling.