800lb FT Tq Cummins

OT-OF-Here

Owner of the Black Beach
Have you seen it yet? On the Dodge Ram web site they are saying the 6.7 will go to 800 lb ft tq later this Spring. It doesn't say the hp? Anyone know? The 800 lb ft matches the info I heard on Ford's ad last night.... 800 lb tq and 400hp for the new Ford. They said all that was needed was a soft ware update.

Any other news on the Ram?

Last edited:
The 800lb-ft cal should currently be available, hp should be 385

The power under the curve is what matters. the v8's are still kinda peaky with their hp aren't they?

Mahle's 2011 engine poster has been sayin' it all year...

It is stayin 350hp, it should be enough to best the Ford 6.7 but seeing as the LML beat the Powerstroke up a mountain bby 2 minutes it will be interesting to see if the Cummins can run with it.

I read that other than ecm changes, the only other change will be a heavy-duty converter.

I think the 2011 trucks will also get a new rear diff cover for extra cooling.

If the Cummins can run with the Duramax....thats hilarious:hehe:. I wonder if Cheetahs can run with house cats...

I ask the HP question?

I ask the HP question to the Customer Help line on the Ram web site. They said it would stay at the 350hp like some have said abv, but they also said it would increase by over 40hp at highway speeds. Interesting. The only way to tell if they are in the game is to hook 'em up the same and send them up that hill again, but this time with the RAM in the game and see what happens.

I ask the HP question to the Customer Help line on the Ram web site. They said it would stay at the 350hp like some have said abv, but they also said it would increase by over 40hp at highway speeds. Interesting. The only way to tell if they are in the game is to hook 'em up the same and send them up that hill again, but this time with the RAM in the game and see what happens.

the power curves released show there will be more usable horsepower in the normal operating ranges due to the torque increase by the torque falls back to the current levels in the upper RPM's leaving the peak horsepower at the same 350.

67_high_output_torque_curve.jpg

I also heard that they are upping the GVWR again, I dont remember to what, but it was a great deal more...

Last edited: