86 GMC Crew Cab short bed cummins conversion

stonz.1

Stonz 86 GMC Cummins
Lookin for A BIGGER turbo. I have installed a 97 cummins with the factory dodge auto tranny. It has a Sun coast stand alone valve body and pcs controller, tripple clutch conveter, injectors, #6 plate , 3k rpm valve governer springs. It pulls about 30-32 pounds and i think it needs more boost for the setup i have. Like maybe 40-45 psi of boost. Any sugggestions?

I am assuming you have a stock turbo currently? A 62mm S300 is a great all around turbo for towing, great street manners and good longevity. They can be had in many different combinations of turbine wheels and housings. It all comes down to exactly what you are doing with the truck and how much you want to spend.

There was a truck just liket hat on ebay not long ago. Did you do the build or did you buy it?

towing twins... or a 64mm Don't waste your money on a 62mm. You will out grow it to fast if your an true addict. trust me

I had it on e-bay last week and did not meet reserve. I am going to finish all the small thinks like a/c and minor thinks and drive it. I will probably install a new turbo and manifold.

I see. It's a nice truck throw some twins on there and you will be good to go.

I would really like to install twins, but the the factory a/c box is in the way and i had the a/c finished up to day. Blows cold, Kinda cool for an old beater! I was told that a turbo with a big shaft and bigger housing will work great. I am going to install the bd manifold and head studs at the same time i figure out what turbo to go with.