8920 Magnum

redrodder

We are looking for some more power out of our 8920. We had it at the local implement shop and he dynoed it at 155 hp. After turning the screw it did not change the hp at all. He said the pump would have to be taken off and sent to a pump shop to be turned up. Is this correct? I thought this pump could be turned up like the older magnums. The number on the pump is RSV 500 1100MW0A368. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just did some work on mine this spring and ended up having II build me some new sticks for it. It has never ran so good!

We are looking for some more power out of our 8920. We had it at the local implement shop and he dynoed it at 155 hp. After turning the screw it did not change the hp at all. He said the pump would have to be taken off and sent to a pump shop to be turned up. Is this correct? I thought this pump could be turned up like the older magnums. The number on the pump is RSV 500 1100MW0A368. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Which screw did you turn and which direction did you turn it?

you should be able to set that to 180+ no problem. but there are some internal ajdustments that limit what can be done with the power screw depending on where its set up. Ive got a 7130 at 230+ in the shop now.
you shouldnt need custom injectors to bump the hp a healthy amount.

will the tranny on the 7130 hold up to that much power?

we have a 7130 and a 8950 and it'd be nice to have a lil more power.

I had a 7120 that was set to 175 hp. When I sold it, the buyer wanted 200 hp, so I gave the fuel screw 1/4 turn. As for the 8920, the wrong screw must have been adjusted.

magnum

I used to have a 7250 and I loved it. The fuel was at the stock level and it was unstoppable, roughly around 225 HP so the trans could handle the power no problem. Those trans are good for 10k to 12k hours if you keep up on the maintenanceand so are the 8.3's they put in them.

Back