92 12V in an 88 Chevy Crew Cab 4x4

JustinD

Broken LB7
My buddy has been putting together an 88 K20 Crew Cab Chevy, it started off life as a C20/6.2 diesel US Navy SeaBee's truck, he converted to a 4wd and re fit the interior with interior out of an 89 Suburban, he also swapped in a 92 12V with 256K on it!!!! Truck runs awesome, trans was out of the Dodge, not sure which trans it is, it was rebuilt recently though, everything is going good, he did the basic VE pump mods to it and it seems like it goes really good for a huge truck with 35's and 3:73's.

He wants to get some more out of it, he has been looking into injectors, are the POD injectors any good? What would you guys reccomend? Any other mods that will improve this setup?

Here is a pic of the truck, still under construction.

111880cb.jpg

My buddy has been putting together an 88 K20 Crew Cab Chevy, it started off life as a C20/6.2 diesel US Navy SeaBee's truck, he converted to a 4wd and re fit the interior with interior out of an 89 Suburban, he also swapped in a 92 12V with 256K on it!!!! Truck runs awesome, trans was out of the Dodge, not sure which trans it is, it was rebuilt recently though, everything is going good, he did the basic VE pump mods to it and it seems like it goes really good for a huge truck with 35's and 3:73's.

He wants to get some more out of it, he has been looking into injectors, are the POD injectors any good? What would you guys reccomend? Any other mods that will improve this setup?

Here is a pic of the truck, still under construction.

111880cb.jpg

:drool1::drool1::drool1::drool1::drool1:
If he has pictures do a build thread!!!:rockwoot:

I'm a sucker for 73-87 Chevys! I wanna build on just like that & drop a Cummins in it!!

ive ran pods- good cheap power.stock i/c injectors are very small and power limiting. grind down afc cone- (fuel pin) or buy one. ve can make good power..

I have some more pics, not a build thread really but here they are anyway....
CIMG0034.jpg

CIMG0036.jpg

CIMG0038.jpg

CIMG0039.jpg

CIMG0040.jpg

CIMG0041.jpg

e4506ac0.jpg

518ac6aa.jpg

b3a3a2eb.jpg

1a796406.jpg

I'll get more this week.

ive ran pods- good cheap power.stock i/c injectors are very small and power limiting. grind down afc cone- (fuel pin) or buy one. ve can make good power..

Thanks, I'll let him know, he is going to order a fuel pin and these injectors, should be an awesome ride!!!! :ft:

thats the same body style truck my neighbor did his conversion he made his flatbed though

He has been driving it for a few weeks now, he loves it. It is an awesome truck, gets looks everywhere he goes, its funny too because he still has all the 6.2 emblems on it!!!!

also looking to swap out my PODs for something bigger if he would be interseted in slighty used...about 10k miles on them