92 dies?

BIGTRKMAN

Ok I posted before about truck randomly dieing n wouldn't restart, was suggested the shut off solenoid could b bad so got new one and all seemed good.. But now it randomly dies although it usually starts back up on its own, it occasionally needs a lil snort of either .. do u think that switch is faulty or I need to run new fuel line? I haven't found ne leaks... thanks for ur input.

Have a friend put a little pressure to your tank. NOT MUCH ! Only a little using a air compressor. This will show a hard to find leak while your under looking. Ive found a few hard to see leaks this way. Most of the time around the rubber pickup hose going to the lift pump. Another problem I had was that the afc top came loose in one of the corners. If hit a bump and the top would jiggle, causing a on again off again running pattern.
Your problem definitely sounds fuel related.

Inspect all of the wiring to the FSS mine did this intermittently and played hell. Turned out to be a bad wire.

You could gut the old fss and re install it then use the manual kill lever too turn the truck off. Run it for a few days and see if the problem stops.

Yea does it when its hot, especially when pulling a trailer ..I will try them ideas tomorrow and c what I find thanks for the tips.

Back