94 Chevy Cummins conversion.

chevy_man

Ya im working on a 12v Cummins conversion into my 94 Chevy 3500. And im wondering if any of you guys would have pictures of how you mounted the Alternator and AC Compressor. Since you cant leave the AC Compressor were it is originally since the frame rail is in the way. Thanks any help would be great!

there is a guy here on comp d i cant think of his name off the bat but he found a bracket off an FL70 international that mounts the ac compressor between the alternator and the lower water neck. i believe he is using it on his latest conversion in a suburban.

ok ya I saw it other day but cant find it again and I wanted to find more details about it. So if you find it or can think of his name on here let me know. Thanks

This is the setup
0620091445-1.jpg

After some digging I finally came across the part numbers.
3930888 is the high mount ac bracket
3978021 is the belt tensioner
3930838 bracket for tensioner
3906657 thermostat o rings 2 required
3921382 lower rad hose outlet (not sure on this one )
The alt that went with this setup was a GM22si so we made our own alt bracket.Rich

No problem. Is yours gas or diesel originally? 2 or 4wd ?

94 3500 Diesel 2wd 5spd. I wanted a 4x4 but got a super good deal on it so i dont really mind.

Since it was a diesel to begin with if you retain the GM alt the tach will work. I can dig up the part number for the 8 groove pulley.You can use the dodge alt and have it modified with a tach pick up and a one wire conversion. Rich

Ok ya im planning on useing the Chevy alt, and I just swapped the pulley off the Dodge alt and put it on the Chevy alt. And all my pulley's are only 7 groove?