95-01 GMC/Chevy Cummins Repower

Trimmy1

So I am looking at a few cheap gmc/chevy 2500's to tow my 24v truck to the strip with. I love that body style truck but the 6.5/454 is not the motor I want in my truck. Anyone know of any articles or places I can help on things I will need to shoehorn a 12v in one of these trucks? I am very capable of doing the swap on my own just need a good place to find some info/parts...

Thanks for your help
Justin

look through here and the suggested site above there is plenty of info out there on what needs to be one for what years. the older the easier. the more donar parts you have the easier. time + money = nice rig. read up, do what i did when i did my conversion i just googled cummins conversion or gm cummins conversion and all kinds of info comes up.

4btswaps is a great place to gather info, do some looking on here and the cummins forum i have looked at a few in both forums.

If its 2wd I would recommend making your own mounts We tried some ready made mounts and they tend to mount the engine higher than necessary. It will fit nicely though.
DSC_0007.jpg