'95 1500 rear end

DIESEL_POWER

NGM Diesel
is there anyone here that races that uses a built up 1500 rear for the light weight? any problems? thanks

Boom!:badidea:

Build a race only Dana 60, rifle drilled axles, chromoly tubes, liteweight spool-gears- litened race discs ect.... Not a street rear by any means.....

RacinDuallie said:
Boom!:badidea:

Build a race only Dana 60, rifle drilled axles, chromoly tubes, liteweight spool-gears- litened race discs ect.... Not a street rear by any means.....
i had never heard of this but it was a thought, so your not going with the ford 9" rear? whats a dana 60 built up cost? and what can it handle? thanks

RD, im meeting with the chassis guy today, and we will get this thing in motion:rockwoot:

dana 60 will run
$60 for truck case
$250 for gears and bearings
$200 for spool
$450 for axles car end put on tubes and cut down to the size you need ,

mine has been holding up fine so far had he axle out last month to but disk brakes on . there was no distortion in the spines or shafts

Cummins Express said:
dana 60 will run
$60 for truck case
$250 for gears and bearings
$200 for spool
$450 for axles car end put on tubes and cut down to the size you need ,

mine has been holding up fine so far had he axle out last month to but disk brakes on . there was no distortion in the spines or shafts
any idea how much that weigh's? and who i can purchase one thru?

i spoke with charlie stewart and the 9" ford he builds will put me back about 5k, but it only weighs in at under 200lbs........

partsguy662 said:
Haven't you heard of Moser or Strange rear end components before today? :confused:
yes i have, there in just about every prostock car built, but i was looking for info on a cheaper 1500 rear end build........

DIESEL POWER said:
yes i have, there in just about every prostock car built, but i was looking for info on a cheaper 1500 rear end build........
And I told ya - BOOM!:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

RacinDuallie said:
And I told ya - BOOM!:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
well i went to the chassis shop today to finalize a few things and i got offered a smoken deal on a ford 9", to go along with all my chassis work. after being show all the weight i can lose, im not sure if im going to have enough to keep the tires down.........LOL nah just kiddin, i dont have that much money for a feather light truck!:poke: RD.....

:poke: Wade-:poke: Then stay on the porch if ya can't play wif the BIG Boys....... :hehe: :hehe: :evil

RacinDuallie said:
:poke: Wade-:poke: Then stay on the porch if ya can't play wif the BIG Boys....... :hehe: :hehe: :evil
it ok, i may not have a feather light, but the power i make with this common rail will more than make up for it...........next spring we will be ready for one fast CR truck.:rockwoot:

Now Wade, your not gonna begin to think you'll be anywhere near us -as you call it "feather weights" do you ?? Make up for what? LMAO LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL