95 chevy prndl switch?????

hereismylife

Unknow at this time
I am still tring to get my prndl switch to work. Anyone get theirs to work. I hate driving around in park all the time. I am using a 47re trans. It used to be a 4l80e.

Thanks Joe

We have one that is close it uses a lokar cable adaptor on the column and a B&M mopar trans Lever . After playing with the ratio on the trans lever we should be able to get it right.
If yours is electronic check Dakota digital . Rich

Thanks. I was tring to stay with the oem model but I think the dokota digital is the only way I am going to get this to work.:bang

Yes it is electrical

The 94s are both on top of the steering columns so there was no real challenge. Yours had a switch on the side of the trans (assuming you had a Diesel with a 480le) . Did you mount the switch to the mopar trans? Are the wires still there? Rich

You have to run the chevy switch because without it it will not come out of park. So basically I hooked up the switch and zip tied the switch to the shift cable beside the transmission.

I looked at the dakota digital units installation instructions looks like a real PITA! And very easily rendered inoperative by a little mud.
If I understand correctly the only thing that is stopping yours from working is the switch is not being rotated I was thinking of an electrical problem.:bang
I think the easiest way to make a linkage would be to get an old shift shaft ,cut it flush as it exits the switch, then drill and tap the center and put a screw and washer to keep it from coming out of the switch. This would give you a lever that cold be activated by running an additional cable from the column or a rod coming from the dodge trans.
Or just remove the park lamp easy.:hehe: Rich

Good idea. I will think and look under my truck to see what can be done once it warms up for a day. We have so heavy winds right now.:thankyou2: