95 f250

c0mmins4

I've never worked on a ford before! Mainly dodges, but a farmer down the road is selling his 95 f250 5 spd, he made me a awesome deal but before I buy it. I have a few questions to the ford guys on here... How hard is it to make a good streetable play truck. I'd say the 5-600 hp range? I've done a little reading don't have time to search threw here sense I work and go to college full time. But any threads with good info if y'all could just post the link to it, so I could read and learn for myself. It'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks Eddie

Well for 5-600hp your looking at spending about 6k-10k. Depending on what you want. To just throw out a parts list for ya:

-Bigger injectors- hybrids or bigger.
-Complete e-fuel system(fuel bowl and stock fuel pump delete) Aftermarket fuel pump and filtration system, Regulated Return and all the nessessary lines.
-Aftermarket HPOP. Either a SRP1.1, Gen3 dual pumps, Termy dual Pumps, adrenaline, ECT.
-An aftermarket turbo mount kit, like a Irate T4 mount with bellowed up pipes.
-Bigger turbo, manny to choose from.
-Custom tunes. You will have to have custom tunes to run the big injectors.
-Head studs
-Higher strength valve springs
-Chromoly push rods
-Stock rods may or may not work. To be safe and to be easier on the budget - Cryo treated stock forged rods
-Stock pistons may do but aftermarket is always better/safer at these power levels
-The factory TTB front axle will not like 5-600hp if you want to use 4x4 often
-Traction bars
-Built trans(if E4OD)
-Big clutch and cryoed input(if ZF-5)
-Guages(a must)
and then obviously intake and exhaust.

...theres a start.

I'm deffinatly going to have to do more research on some of those parts! haha But thanks for the tips!!

Back