95 F350/p-pump 24v swap

Cumminspr513

Im moving through the conversion process but ive hit a road block. Im looking for some feed back as to what i should run for a transmission. Options are a allison 5spd auto or a Dodge NV4500 5spd manual?

its going to be used to pull mainly but im not looking to build a trailer queen, i still want to be able to drive it.

If your going to be pulling, I'd say stick with a standard tranny. If you think you may get into drag racing, go with the auto. If I was drag racing, I'd do a 4r100 or the dodge auto.
For standard trannys, I'll have to say it's mostly personal preference. The ZF6 is handling alot of power through the dmaxs and cummins conversions. The dodge 4500 and 5600 are doing well also. I'm always seeing post of broken 4500s though.

Everything breaks, it's just how long until it does.

any thoughts on the allison auto? I know that they are a good trans behind a stock motor(dmax) and i know that they can take a good bit of grunt when built it is just costly, but then again with a hobby like this what isnt.

vote for ford zf6spd, they are plenty strong and theres parts to make them even stronger, and the least expensive of any options...thats what i used in mine, call dan a midwest transmission he will set you up