95 Powerstroke

RMyers_7

Just Another Hobby
I got a friend who has a 95 and he is wanting to make it pull his camper a little better. He's not wanting to get real crazy but maybe 300-350 horse. What are his options with this early a truck??

Stage 1 injectors, an intercooler, and a custom 6-position chip would give him a nice, tow-friendly, 300 hp truck.

At a pretty affordable price, too.

That's exactly what I did and I love it. Helps with the fuel economy too. I hope he's already changed the down pipe cuz that's a huge difference.

A lot of reputable shops carry Stage 1's for decent prices.

Full Force Diesel, Unlimited Diesel Performance carry them (can probably get a reman set for $900 or so), and Swamps Diesel has a great selection too.

Intercoolers get expensive if bought new (the Banks is $1,400 but an awesome cooler), but a used Super Duty intercooler can be made to work if he can locate a few Super Duty 7.3L items.

Some good tuners: Swamps Diesel, Beans Diesel, Gearhead Automotive, Total Diesel Performance, DP-Tuner, and plenty more. Six-position chip will call for $400 to $500.

Who did you guys use to get this stuff?

Stage 2 Injectors = Swamps (great injectors)
Id recommend swamps, great guys there

Ts 6 Pos chip, custom tunes (great for towing)

MBRP exhaust (great sound, fit great)
p.s. stock down-pipe is tiny, this kit gives way more airflow

S&B cold air intake (Nice looking, clean fit, colder air)

if you get a chipped retuned by tony wildman he can choose how many tunes and what horsepower and settings like that.

Back