95 won't start?

bna5017

I just finished helping a friend rebuild the engine in his 95 due to a broken injector tip. Anyway, we put the engine back in the truck and hooked up the tranny and the starter but turning the key does not engage the starter. I hooked up the oil pressure sending unit, the alternator, CPS, and most of the other sensors. When you turn the key on the PCM makes a buzzing/beeping noise. Anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong here?

I checked the starter terminals and there is 12.5 volts on the power cable. Seems to me that it has to be a bad PCM?

PCM doesnt control start circuit, to my knowledge.. Signal wire on starter hooked up?

Yup signal wire is hooked up, and the starter solenoid will engage when I hook up a battery charger and tap it.

Check for power at the signal wire when you turn the key. I'd say the key switch isn't sending power to the wire. The wore may have a bad connection or may be broken or pulled.

I'll check that tonight, I was guiding him over the phone. He was by himself so he couldn't check the meter and turn the key at the same time.

I told him to double check those when I was on the phone with him last night, since we worked on it until 4:30 on sunday morning I figured that it was just in gear. Unfortunately that isn't the case.

Any other ideas? working on it now. There is no power at the signal wire.

We just got it fired up. turns out the shift linkage pulled out of the socket, and the shift lever bound up in reverse. thanks for the help guys!