'96 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4.

Racer9

1996 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4 auto $5995 obo.

It’s time to part with my old friend, I can’t justify keeping her anymore. I bought her to haul my racer, but gave up racing several years ago.
I upgraded everything I repaired, planning to keep her forever. I typically get 19.5 mpg summer, and about 15.5 winter, PowerService year round.
While there are many performance improvements, (I should’ve stayed off the diesel ‘sites:D), this truck never sledpulled, or plowed. The only competition I ever did was dirt drags at the local fair, twice.
I mostly drive like an old man, with an occasional full throttle burst to clean it out, and I needed it to get to work every day.
The good stuff;
The mighty Cummins 12 valve, P-pump motor. 90hp injectors, (oem injectors included), #100 plate, PacBrake 4k governor spring kit (oem springs included). Schwitzer S300 turbo, 4” exhaust. Dyno’d at 306hp/743tq. New Zerex G-05 coolant and NAPA hoses, 11-12. Oil change every 10k with synthetic oil, bypass filter system, always used Donaldson or FleetGuard filters.
Dash mounted boost, egt, and trans temp gauges. Dash not cracked.
Automatic transmission, rebuilt about 5 years ago with Dunrite torque convertor and valve body, billet input shaft, and other internal upgrades, scfi rated flexplate, total cost over $5k.
Transfer case rebuilt last fall, didn’t need it, I just thought it was due.
Rear 3.55 Dana 70 posi completely rebuilt, with new clutches and bearings 3 years ago, I upgraded from an open differential.
Front 3.55 Dana 60 new vacuum motor for 4wd engagement. ThurenFab track bar.
Front bushings replaced with Energy Suspension pieces.
2.5” front leveling springs, plus 1” rear spacer to actually level it.
HD steering, replaced the inverted Y setup that contributes to death wobble. Dodge steering stabilizer.
Brand new Mastercraft (Cooper) snow tires over $600, plus an extra set of decent summer tires all mounted on Dodge stock chrome rims. Everything works.
All the accumulated extra parts will go with it.
Steel flatbed.
Not so good;
The body is getting rough, fenders, (have southern fenders, included), rockers, and floor have been patched, and the front cab mounts are rusty. I planned to replace the cab with a southern cab this summer, and will put you in touch with a guy near Meadville PA that has a good one. Doors are good, right one is starting to show rust around the lower seam.
Drivers seat has the typical wear, and tear, overhead fabric starting to drop.
I patched a small hole in the frame flange behind the fuel tank, easily seen, otherwise frame is good, and frame was cleaned and repainted, when patched.
PA inspected until November ‘15. Has 176,000 on it now, still driving to work.
Interested, PM me for more pics.
ame]

Friendlier price!
1996 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4 auto $5295 obo.

It’s time to part with my old friend, I can’t justify keeping her anymore. I bought her to haul my racer, but gave up racing several years ago.
I upgraded everything I repaired, planning to keep her forever. I typically get 19.5 mpg summer, and about 15.5 winter, PowerService year round.
While there are many performance improvements, (I should’ve stayed off the diesel ‘sites:D), this truck never sledpulled, or plowed. The only competition I ever did was dirt drags at the local fair, twice.
I mostly drive like an old man, with an occasional full throttle burst to clean it out, and I needed it to get to work every day.
The good stuff;
The mighty Cummins 12 valve, P-pump motor. 90hp injectors, (oem injectors included), #100 plate, PacBrake 4k governor spring kit (oem springs included). Schwitzer S300 turbo, 4” exhaust. Dyno’d at 306hp/743tq. New Zerex G-05 coolant and NAPA hoses, 11-12. Oil change every 10k with synthetic oil, bypass filter system, always used Donaldson or FleetGuard filters.
Dash mounted boost, egt, and trans temp gauges. Dash not cracked.
Automatic transmission, rebuilt about 5 years ago with Dunrite torque convertor and valve body, billet input shaft, and other internal upgrades, scfi rated flexplate, total cost over $5k.
Transfer case rebuilt last fall, didn’t need it, I just thought it was due.
Rear 3.55 Dana 70 posi completely rebuilt, with new clutches and bearings 3 years ago, I upgraded from an open differential.
Front 3.55 Dana 60 new vacuum motor for 4wd engagement. ThurenFab track bar.
Front bushings replaced with Energy Suspension pieces.
2.5” front leveling springs, plus 1” rear spacer to actually level it.
HD steering, replaced the inverted Y setup that contributes to death wobble. Dodge steering stabilizer.
Brand new Mastercraft (Cooper) snow tires over $600, plus an extra set of decent summer tires all mounted on Dodge stock chrome rims. Everything works.
All the accumulated extra parts will go with it.
Steel flatbed.
Not so good;
The body is getting rough, fenders, (have southern fenders, included), rockers, and floor have been patched, and the front cab mounts are rusty. I planned to replace the cab with a southern cab this summer, and will put you in touch with a guy near Meadville PA that has a good one. Doors are good, right one is starting to show rust around the lower seam.
Drivers seat has the typical wear, and tear, overhead fabric starting to drop.
I patched a small hole in the frame flange behind the fuel tank, easily seen, otherwise frame is good, and frame was cleaned and repainted, when patched.
PA inspected until November ‘15. Has 176,000 on it now, still driving to work.
Interested, PM me for more pics.
url]

$4995
Last price reduction, then I'll part it out, or keep it and replace the cab myself.

Pics, [ame="http://s114.photobucket.com/user/catrucker/library/1996%20Dodge%20Ram?sort=3&page=1"]1996 Dodge Ram Photos by catrucker | Photobucket[/ame]
Ask for any more particulars.

Racer,

You going to replace the ol' girl at all?

I'm getting into a gasser:eek: probably a Trailblazer/Envoy type SUV. I really have no need for a heavy duty truck anymore, I can't remember the last time I hauled or towed anything, and I still have the 4bta powered '81 Dodge to get my diesel fix, and tinker with. And it gets upwards of 25mpg's, but it's 2wd and won't see any road salt.
Since diesel is $.80 to a buck more than gas, and I can get the same mileage with a gasser, it just makes sense to save the money, I figure about $15 a week.
I've thought about another project, like an old 50's era Power Wagon, but I just don't need any more projects around, at least that's what the wife says!:rolleyes:
Mechanically the truck is very solid, just needs a good cab, and the supplied fenders, will make a nice truck, or it's a great parts truck.
In case anyone is interested in putting a standard bed back on it, the mounts are all there.

Did you get the pics?
Is anyone interested if I swap out the cab and fenders?
Price will have to be about $5500 then, more if I have to paint it. Might be able to find a bed, but cost will be added to price. I can even replace that rear section of frame, if that's the issue, but again cost will be added.
I know the mileage is a little high, but everything has been rebuilt, except the motor and front axle. Motor is good for another couple hundred thousand, front axle has always had synthetic fluid, as has rear. Front unit bearings have been replaced, it's been a while, I'd have to guess about 60k, and are not loose now. I Never Siezed them in, (same with everything I repaired), so they will come apart fairly easily.
As it sits now it's priced at value of parts, so if there's enough interest, I'll start selling parts. Need to sell major parts first.