96 turbine singles

Poulina

Never seen any examples of it. Looking at running an s480/96 and choking down the AR to a t4 1.10, as a single lol. Just trying to be different I guess.

Obviously all other variables being approached accordingly: manual trans/valvebody, copious amounts of fuel, and plenty of patience waiting for it to spool, and more than likely massaging of the head.

Would one certainly hate this smokey laggness monster as a street/strip application? I for one am a fan of the "slap yo face" hit a big single has.

I didn't run one on the street, but ran an S482 with a 2.8 bushing. Had a .90 and a 1.0 t4 with the 96 wheel. Seemed to light about 2600

I would think it would depend on what engine it was on as to how/if it would run.

Best possible circumstances, 6.7 with a g56/manual vb and 250%+ overs

6.4 with S4/96/1.1 T-4 450cc injectors and drives nice. Given your mods list, shouldn't be a problem given good tuning and a small learning curve

Damn... Might have to pull the trigger on it then. Anybody have any recommendations for a custom turbine housing? Seen a few sleeved/tig welded ones that have bit the dust pretty violently.

Damn... Might have to pull the trigger on it then. Anybody have any recommendations for a custom turbine housing? Seen a few sleeved/tig welded ones that have bit the dust pretty violently.

I wouldn't run a custom welded t4 housing again, I don't like the idea of choking the exhaust side down. Even with a wastegate my wheels rubbed. There's a reason to go with the 96/88 turbine and it has nothing to do with drivability.

Maybe it was just my housing, idk t6 1.15 I think would be great on a 6.7 CR, the weight/profile of the compressor will effect response as well.

The charger I'm looking at has a barder billet 6 blade in it. Not counting on it to blow my mind. Didn't Borg just release that 1.15 in a t6 at last year's SEMA? Don't really look forward to spending $500+ on a turbine housing haha.

Want to try the 96/88 turbine because I'm moving to a 5.9 ecm and bigger (way bigger) injectors, but trying to keep the stock rods in the block as long as possible. So keeping the power high and in the powerband is a concern. Even planning on porting the head before I do rods.

30x$ on jegs, was 288 at HTT for the 1.15. If you didn't like it, I believe it would sell pretty quick used.

I've had great luck with my T-4 housings from Chris@ED. Been running then for 4-years and not any issue yet.

Danville sells them as well but I can't vouche for their integrity

I have a t4 straight flange steed, and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, don't have the budget for a brand new t6 flanged one. Hence the reason I would be using this s480/96 in the first place, it's very budget friendly and I think it would be wicked fun to let frolick in my sea level atmosphere.

Experience with t4 to t6 adapters? Seems like asking for something else to leak, and I think it would end up making the turbine housing touch the a/c lines & down pipe fitment issues.

Does this mean you're selling your GTX?

Sometimes see people attempting to trade T6 manifolds for T4s... Plus they hold their value so you could get into a T6 for probably only $150 out of pocket tops.

Last edited:
I have experience with 96/88 housings from Danville and E.D. The first Danville one i had cracked at the weld and when we tried welding it, it warped enough that it wouldnt slide back over center cartridge. The E.D. one is still going strong.

This is a duramax application so maybe not applicable so much, but had this E.D. 1.0 housing on a 483 and it was terrible lazy. Made no boost cruising. Switched out comp wheel for a 75 and it is a total different charger. Runs as good as you could wish for on the street with that large of a TW.

Good to know, I suppose trying to use this s480/96 isn't too budget friendly if I have to end up swapping manifold or getting a custom exhaust housing machined

JEB modern machine can machine a t6 housing to have a t4 footprint as well. They have done this to meet certain tractor/truck pulling rules.

I run an 80/96/1.10 t4 Ett wheel and love it. Spool up is high but I can get on it easy with my v10 stall converter, it made 962/1472 on fuel with the shelf still on the head. I am running a 12V