97 12v won't start

freedomfighter

I went to try to fix an oil leak today and found that it was leaking from the afc quick was extremely loose from previous owner sliding the fuel plate. I decided that because I was there I would just try running without the plate for a while so I took it out and put back on the afc. I wasdriving around then went to stop at a light and it just died and wouldn't start back up. I pushed it to a parking lot and eventually re installed the plate and it still wouldn't work until I cranked it and gave it fuel. It would idle at about 800-850 just like normal but then I put it into gear and it just dies. I kept trying and then I just gave it some fuel and got it into drive. I made it home double footing it and giving it fuel when stopped. What do you think that I would be? I am all stock accept a cranked starwheel and an upgraded torque converter and valve body. Please help. This is my only transpiration and I need it running right asap

its almost all the way toward the engine and thats how it was when i got it. I got it to start on park but it is hard starting and i had to turn the idle up to 1000 to do it then when i put it into gear the idle drops to just over 750 and if you blurp the throttle at all it will die

Mine did that when I moved the afc towards the cab. I think the govenor arm hit the bottom of the afc foot and it won't start and the foot peddle was hard. Good luck

Gov arm might have been getting jammed under the AFC foot. Theres an adjustment on the front of the AFC, turn it clockwise I believe to lower the foot a bit.

I have the truck running but it is hard starting and the idle in park is high like 1000 but in gear it's low like 750 which is too low with my torque converter and will die easily

Shut off silenoid coming all the way up while running. Hek Idk I'm just a label printer!