98.5 ecm ?????

rolncoal82

Alternator slowly died on me today replaced it with a new one but only shows 12.4 v. Charging not 14. I'm reading lots on the ECM going bad and causing this, just wondering what your thoughts are on this??? It's always has a hit or mis when you turn the key on if the wait to start light and fass pump kick on or not to, some times they do some times you have to wait 10 sec before they come on, this might also have something to do with ECM also

Didn't figure that would have anything to do with charging but ill check it also

Crank sensor reads the tone ring on the crank and tells the computer the engine is running and allows the current from the alternator to pass through. If the crank sensor is bad however it would not charge and the tach would not work. I know the 01-02 have tone ring on the back of the cam gear and if it fails the alternator will not charge either.

Looks like the 140a fuse in the box is blown wow must of had a spike any ideas to what would cause that

Arching the terminals during alternator R&R, or the old alternator pulled enough amperage to blow it. At least it's an easy fix! LOL

Back