98.5 still dying

Foster

Ethel
i have a 1998.5 cummins and it started dying on me a while back. It'd start sputtering like it was starved for fuel and it'd start blowing out white smoke everywhere, which means it is starving for fuel. i thought it was my LP so i put on a raptor 150 so i could prevent my vp44 pump from going out again. It was still dying so i checked fuel pressure and amount being pushed to my filter housing and my vp44 pump. I got it to about factory settings for fuel amount. 48oz in 25 seconds. it's still dying. my oil pressure gauge goes for 0-150 with 60 in the middle. it usually rides about 70-90, even when it was just at an idle. now, sometimes, it'll be below the 60 mark. so im losing oil pressure somehow. im at a loss here ive checked everything i could think of, and corrected anything that was wrong. Any ideas or suggestions or comments??? please.

whats your fuel pressure to the pump when its sputtering?

Have you checked to make sure your oil level is ok?

i have no clue what the fuel pressure is, i dont have a fuel pressure gauge yet, and yes i have checked the oil level it was like 2 quarts over somehow. so, i drained it til it was at the top of the safe mark on the dipstick.

here is a cheap way to install a fuel pressure guage less than 30 dollars get a tapped banjo bolt from genos garage hooks to back of fuel filter housing use some 1/4 fuel line rated for more than 30 psi just be to on the safer side get a cheap guage form your local auto parts store hook up everything but the guage bump the starter let some fuel bleed out then install your gauge it should get all the air out of the lines. I know some poeple dont like this idea but its a cheap way to find out without paying some one to tell you i have this done inside my cab yes i said this right the guage is next to my brake box i put a holley blue pump in and fuel pressure is never below 11 psi even when edge is on level 5 and my foot stuck in it.. One of the best things i did to my truck and the pump is from summitt for about 125 dollars a lot less than 500 just my 0.9 cents if this all helps let me know thanks