98 frieghtliner cummins vp motor. ...quick question

bling

Guy is selling a vp44 motor out of 98 freight liner. Are those motors compatible with 2000 vp44 motor from a dodge. ...as far as crank and cam sensors. Wanted some opinions before I go look at this thing. Looking to find a spare motor to build thinking about this one. Your thoughts? ???

I used to work on a Snap On tools freight liner and it had a cummins with a VP44 still. Everything looked identical as far as sensor locations.

The 8.3L ISC had the CAPS fuel system, which if you think the VP is bad, it makes a VP with a factory lift pump look as reliable as a P pump. The ISB have the VP44. BUT that's where it ends. The VP's are different, ECM, and wiring harness. I believe the sensors are the same as far as plugs go but to build the engine as a drop in and go for a dodge chassis, you need a VP, ECM, and engine harness. The injectors are already cummins factory 275hp (rv275's known to the dodge folks). Tho with the right ECM hackary with CalTerm from Cummins, you could upload a 350hp/1000tq ECM cal to the ECM that is on it. Im not sure how programmers react to actual Cummins ECM's tho.

Back