99 24valve tq limiting & trans issues

BadDieselMan

Hey i was just Wondering Does the 99 24 valves have any kind of Torque limiting ??? i know it dont have torque management cause that only one the 01 n 02's and newer right ?

Im haven a problem with the transmission its like at WOT at any mph speed going down rd if i stab into at WOT it will Redline as if i was in netural and reving it up but if u back off the throttle alittle bit it will catch ! The transmission guy said it WAS ECM problem or in the computer cause it was kickin out from OD straight to 3rd what he said and its not suppose to kick down that far that only supose to kick down one gear.. We try New TPS and Adjusting the Cable on it.. Its built trans with stock valve body n transGo shift kit.. I even checked to see if it was my quad adrenaline that might been causen problem i unplugged it and it still done it ! Im thinkin might me the Valve body ? Anyone Else with any suggestions SHOOT it to me !!

I notice with one other problem its gotta triple disc T/Q and if i got Over drive botton off sometimes at low speed 25 to 30 mph it wants to kick and buck like Lug ... any ideas on this one too ???? This is stressin me cause im getting the run arounds on it Hope someone Can help me....

First, go to your transmission guy, and smack him in the face, open handed...very hard.

Second, it sounds like your trans is Fubar, judging by your mod list, id surely bet on it...sounds like it is slipping.

It is completely normal for the trans to downshift into 3rd or even 1st/2nd, dependent upon speed.

I'm still roffling over "its not supposed to kick down that far", OD into 3rd is ONE
gear change lolz!

Third, i have a headache from reading that, Please Proofread Next time, maybe even some sentence structure, never hurts!

PS, 99's do not have torque limiting, even if it had, it wouldn't cause the symptoms you are having...

Last edited:
First, go to your transmission guy, and smack him in the face, open handed...very hard.

Second, it sounds like your trans is Fubar, judging by your mod list, id surely bet on it...sounds like it is slipping.

It is completely normal for the trans to downshift into 3rd or even 1st/2nd, dependent upon speed.

I'm still roffling over "its not supposed to kick down that far", OD into 3rd is ONE
gear change lolz!

Third, i have a headache from reading that, Please Proofread Next time, maybe even some sentence structure, never hurts!

PS, 99's do not have torque limiting, even if it had, it wouldn't cause the symptoms you are having...

If you put as much effort into helping someone as you do to be a smartazz, it might be worth our time to read you posts.:blahblah1:

OP, sounds like the tv valve is binding at WOT. That will make it kick out like you said. The "stem" on the valve needs shortened. And your lugging problem sounds like the TC is locking too early when OD is off.

Last edited:
If you put as much effort into helping someone as you do to be a smartazz, it might be worth our time to read you posts.:blahblah1:

OP, sounds like the tv valve is binding at WOT. That will make it kick out like you said. The "stem" on the valve needs shortened. And your lugging problem sounds like the TC is locking too early when OD is off.

I appreciate this post. It was able to help me out.

Back