99 Cummins Headgasket

Silver Smoker

Alright guys need all the help I can get. About a month ago my truck started mixing oil into the coolant . I had been waiting for the headgasket to let go figured that was the problem. Pulled the head off and the oil cooler . Oil cooler tested good , had the head checked for cracks it was good had it surfaced, new valves and guides and seals. Bought arp 425 and a full cummins gasket kit along with the two oil cooler gaskets. Got it back together did two retorques on the studs they are at 130 . Cleaned the radiator out the best I could going to clean it out better when it warms up outside so I can pull the radiator out and flush it good. Well last night I was driving and the temp gauge started heating up got to about 215 then jumped to 240 then back to 190 . Truck has never ran over 190. Let her sit over night and pulled the radiator cap and from the looks of things its mixing oil again wth. Don't know what I could have missed but im up for any suggestions im kind of at a loss. It got a new thermostat fresh oil and all new antifreeze when the head gasket was done . Mods are edge comp/smarty 200 horse ddp injectors, so vp , s300 62/71/12 gated at 45 cai and exhaust and gauges will a suncoast trans . Appreciate any help I can get guys.

Did you surface the head? If not, that is what you missed.

Went through the same "fun" on the 2000. Even after two separate pressure tests of the oil cooler in which it was supposed to be "fine", the problem quit when I replaced the oil cooler as a "desperate" measure.

How did you test the oil cooler? These engines can have some high oil pressure when cold. May not have had the pressure on the tester up high enough for the leak to show its face. Had it happen to me on a volvo d12d.

yes deck was checked on the block and the guy said he tested it with plenty of pressure but im beginning to wonder. I was going to oring it but I was told I would be good to run the s400 that I have on the shelf gated at 45 and I would actually have less drive pressure than I do right now . I am at a loss right now . Just when I thought I was getting the bugs worked out . As always lol

Id oring it if ya pull it apart again. Are you running the smarty with or without timing?

May also check for freeze plugs. Example ones under tappet cover... I trashed a 53 block spitting on of those out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your sure it's mixing again? What did you use to clean the puke out? Cascade powdered dishwasher stuff works good. Purple power works good too, just watch out it's corrosive to your radiator.