99 dodge 5 speed

cnsmoke

AKA PooDot
trying to find out what all is needed to convert to an auto.. are the pcm vin locked? what years can i get one from????? any help would be helpful..............

You can get a standalone VB from ATS and dont have to worry about the PCM. The PCM is not vin locked but you would need to find a 99 for one. I think the standalone VB would be easier or you can just install a 47rh and not need the computer to control the trans. You would have to do some searching on how to hook up OD switch and just wire a switch for torque convetor lockup.

andy

but the rh trans. is hydralic apporated and incosistint , trying to get it to work like factory.............

I have a auto in my 98.5 and I'v been thinking bout a standard latley. If you lived close enough we could just swap.

SledPuller21 said:
I have a auto in my 98.5 and I'v been thinking bout a standard latley. If you lived close enough we could just swap.
we definately need to talk, may consider a swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If ya'll can get together, that would be the easiest way to do it, be a good weekend of work, but it's doable.

I have a lot of stuff left over from a swap i never ended up doing. Let me know what you need.