99 extra cab VALUE?

jsf350

Hello,
I need some help in seeing what the value of the truck would be.
99 dodge 2500 extra cab with 85K on the bottom end- oringed head /upgraded springs- twins-injectors / new trans with billet......
dyno'd 571hp- 1070tq
The truck is an slt with cloth seats and is very clean- some dings but what doesn't. 4" lift with newer tires.

The guy is asking $25,000 for the truck- Now kbb private party 13,500 and retail is 16,000
I fully understand that there is a good amount of money into the truck yet I think the price is just to high.
My wife said to just get a new truck for 40-50K - But an extra 15-25K is still ALOT of money.

Thanks for the replies
Joel

yes it is a 24 valve yet I don't know if the pump is stock or not-

What is a fair price for the truck? Not looking to do this to the owner- yet I'm not going to take a hit in the boys as well :kick:
Joel

if it's got a VP44, it's got a crummy pump ;)

it's always tough to put a price on something that customized :(

personally, I'd pass on it and get a P-pump truck if you're wanting a Cummins

i just bought my dodge in the sig for 19,400. The asking price was 22,000 but the turbo was blown so it didnt run. made him take off 2600 and bought a super phat shaft 62....i thought it was a good deal and it is a very sharp truck. 70,000 miles

Longhorn- What has your 'new' truck dynoed? This 99 Dodge has the dyno sheets of 571/1070 on #2 only.
Thanks

Say you bought the truck for around 16,000 and wanted to add everything that's on the truck now. How much would you spend?

Twins = $3500
Trans = $6000 or so with billet shafts
Injectors = $700-1000
Oring = $300
Gasket = $200

You didn't list a fueling box, but to make 570hp it would have to have one.

$550-600

Taking the lowest est. that's around $11,250. I didn't even try to price the lift and tires.

Say the guy stripes all the stuff off and sells everything seperate. He should be able to get the better side of 1/2 the retail price. So say he can get $7000-8000. He would probably have to get another transmission and stock turbo and injectors if he doesn't have the old stuff laying around. He would have to put up with the trouble to do so, most people won't.

If you take the price of the truck retail value and add 7,500 splitting my est. down the middle, you have 23,500. I would start around 21,000 and work your way up. Just my opinion.

i just picked it up saturday so i havent gotten a chance to do anything but put the turbo in but guessing around 450-480??? actually i have no clue

Well if the vp44 does go out you can buy the adapter kit and put the P pump for around 3000 give or take i believe somebody will say if im right or wrong on that i think thats fairly desent price but i would still try to talk him down some and its got low miles on it to good deal in my opinion.