99 ford 12v pcm power relay no start issues

big_bran

little back ground first. I have a 99 ford f250 with a 12v cummins. i finished my project about 6 months ago and have driven everyday with very few issues.

This morning i went out to start the truck, it cranks wonderfully and wont fire. it acts just like it has no fuel. I parked it on an incline so i thought to myself maybe it just bled fuel back to the tank, ill start working on figuring out what happened. well i got out of the truck and i could hear a relay buzzing. now this is with key off..

I popped the power distribution box cover and found the back right corner relay humming.. i pulled the owners manual and got almost absolutely no information out of it. so i started my search.

Initially my broad searches came up with fuel pump relay. i found the 99 ford has an emergency shutoff switch. i toyed with that a bit but shortly remembered that the wiring to said fuel pump is basically not there. i used the sending unit pickup tubes and gauge sender. correct me if i am wrong but i do believe the fuel pump was external anyways.

after figuring that cant possibly be the issue i came to more reading. it appears that number six relay is pcm power for the ford pcm. what would cause this relay to hum with key off?? I do believe my fuel issue has something to do with the dodge fuel shutoff wiring which may have let the fuel bleed back to the tank.

My question is what could cause both these issues to happen? possibly some wires from dodge and ford rubbing together? I am pretty confident i can get the motor running and the truck driving again. but i have to figure out this buzzing or humming relay. it does click with crank. which makes me feel like it is getting some kind of feed from the solenoid wiring. I am pretty sure this relay should be power key on not crank.

I think i am on the right track. any thought or direction would be greatly appreciated.

From the sounds of it, your truck was a 7.3 to begin with? How did you wire the shutoff solenoid?

my truck was a v10.
I actually got it figured out. I had an open back feeding the relay. as i had thought. was an easy fix just took time to find.

Back