A Big Thanks to Columbus

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
I don't know what the heck it is about my builds. Every time I build a p-pump rig for myself. I always sieze a P&b. 12mm, 13mm it never fails. The common denominator is that I have all of my pumps built and benched. No matter who I use it always happens. 6 and counting so far. My customers that throw stuff together have never had a single failure......oh well.

Three weeks or so ago, as luck would have it, my 4b decided to grenade the governor section and head for the moon. After ripping the wires off my fass and running the engine spun 6,000+ for almost 45 seconds. The good news is that it held it like a champ, the not so good news, my new 13mm $2900 pump was toast. After I couldn't find a core, I decided to rebuild what I had. I was referred by Piers to Columbus. After talking with Mark, and having the most informative pump chat I've had I sent my pump to them. He knew Buda was coming up so he rushed it. Two P&b's a governor section a 5k kit and some secret squirrel mods and less than $500 later I had the best pump I have had yet. It came complete with timing chart for that specific cam and p&b's and a flow chart with my DDP 140's as well as my JL machining 5x24 dual feeds. I know they are not super big in the truck scene but if you get the chance, I highly suggest using CDS for your pump setups.

BTW my truck spun over 5k with the new pump flawlessly with no Siezed P&b's

Most people don't know what it is like to really hang a rack, probably the most un-nerving thing that has ever happen to me......(do I loose the truck or the motor) glad they got you hooked up again.

Jim

Actually they are pretty big in the truck market, They just don't go on the message boards. I Guess it is more of a local thing.

I will never use another pump shop again...Top notch guys, and what they tell you is the way it is.

For a 12mm pump, I've got fuel...way more fuel than air for the moment:hehe:
Chris

They had stated that their main bread and butter is Tractor pumps, and that they are making more of a move into the truck world. I have no doubt that they are big in your neck of the woods. Also I am not a product ***** and I don't typically freely give kudos out. But I have never been treated so well by a pump shop.

The odd thing about their setup is that they asked me how many cc's do you need? at what rpm? and with what injector? I have never had a pump shop get that specific. It might be 500cc but is it 500 cc with your injectors at 5000 rpm? No doubt what you are getting when you deal with them.

The sad part about it is that last night I killed a deer and crunched the Dakota, now I have one very expenisve piece of yard art............with one bad a$$ pump!

Zach

Thats were I'm goin when i get sick of this electronic crap and p-pump this thing.

They make good things, oh and im only 45min away from their shop :evil! I will never go else where for my IP's.
Brandon

I am for sure sending the pump i have ready to go for mine up there to get checked out and maybe a little tunning. I have talked to a bunch of pump shops myself and they seem to be the top one on the pole. As soon as i get enough of this VP crap ill be doing business with them.

How bad did you mess the dakota up?????

The passenger fender is the only straight piece on the front end. Oh well it was fun for two days. I will get to it later this summer.

Zach

Damn that really sucks Zach. Sorry to hear that. That thing was shaping up to be a badazz. How'd it run for the two days it ran? Hope you get it all fixed back up and running again.

Most people don't know what it is like to really hang a rack, probably the most un-nerving thing that has ever happen to me......(do I loose the truck or the motor) glad they got you hooked up again.

Jim
Having seen where you had yours hang I'm sure that contributed at least a little!

Glad it's back and better than before Zach!

Geez I hate to see that happend to the dakota! IM glad I got to see it cut some good donuts though!

Back