A/C Recharge after Conversion

kasey200

How are you guys getting your a/c systems recharged? Can it be done with canasters from the auto store or do you need to take it somewhere to get evacuated and recharged. I did some searching but haven't had much luck on a DIY solution. Sorry but i'm fairly green with a/c systems. I just don't like other ppl working on my rig if you know what i mean.:Cheer:

How'd you guys wire the cummins compressor with the Ford A/C controls. I've never bothered to hook mine up up, and probably should for the summer.

How'd you guys wire the cummins compressor with the Ford A/C controls. I've never bothered to hook mine up up, and probably should for the summer.

What year is your motor?

I have an '04 CR, but with mine I clipped off the plug to the Cummins compressor. Then located the plug that my 7.3 Powerstoke was using and cut that plug off. Then I wired the Cummins plug to my Ford wires and plugged it in! I also had to remove the AC pressure switch from my Ford AC lines and have it welded to the cummins AC lines (and keep the cummins pressure switch). It works perfectly :Cheer:

went to a hydraulic shop and had the ford lines crimped to the manifold on the cummins compressor.

Is there a high and low pressure switch on the ford? I have an 05 and I can't find where the high pressure switch would be. I have a high pres sw on the dodge manifold but I can't seem to find the ford high pres sw plug.

Back