a couple dumb ?

bs&t

i know what i know
i just got into pulling diesle truck last year but now im starting to get a little more serous about it would it be worth it for me to lower the front of my truck i am not hanging any weight yet but plan on it for next year would if help me any .And i also thought of moveing my hitch in under the truck a little bit would these thing help me any or would it just be a wast of time .
Thank you all for your advise it is a great help to begans like myself......

I haven't seen much advantages of lowering the front of the truck. I actually have been lowering the back of mine some at the pull by pulling down on the frame with my 3rd arm setup. Truck seems to sit on the track better that way. Moving the hitch forward helps alot too, but most places have a rule saying the hook point must be past the rear most part of the bed and no less than 44"-48" from the center of the axle, but that all depends on what your local rules are or the organization you are running with.

x2 lowering the front end thing isn't a good idea!!! I also think messin around with the hitch will gaine you some...as far forword as your rules allow you to and if you can, put it close to the same angle as the chain would be when its tight...in other words, try not to have the hitch stickin strait out! Hope that doesnt confuse you...

thank you i had a pull today and my truck hopped very bad i was told that there was a foot of air under my driver side front tire like i said it was hoping bad is their any way to stop this i am up to try anything to make to make my truck pull better thanks for all your help once again

thank you i had a pull today and my truck hopped very bad i was told that there was a foot of air under my driver side front tire like i said it was hoping bad is their any way to stop this i am up to try anything to make to make my truck pull better thanks for all your help once again

Having a clutch that you can slip will definitely help you get out of the hole more smoothly.

kino -

Its a 94 or 95 12v club-cab long bed Dodge.

hmmm....... it shouldn't bounce too bad as long as you have traction bars and full suspension bocks. No blocks and even the stupid 1" travel rule will make one bounce.

hmmm....... it shouldn't bounce too bad as long as you have traction bars and full suspension bocks. No blocks and even the stupid 1" travel rule will make one bounce.

He doesn't have any of the above.

gotcha........ Traction bars and full suspension blocks should take care of the bouncing. At least 90% of it anyways. You may still have a slight bounce once you come completely off the clutch but usually its just for a second or 2.