A few questions about head studs...

600 Megawatts

Many Irons in the Fire
OK, so I did several seraches and couldnt really find what I am looking for...

1st off, this may sound silly, but can you even install the studs with the engine in the truck ?? That damm cowl is aweful close to the head..

And the 12MM is the stock size?? So no enlarging the head bolt holes and drilling and tapping the block ?

And another silly question... most likely in the fall I will get around to putting the twins on, and will pull the head and oring etc.. But lets say I install the studs right now, one at a time (asuming I can do it in the vehicle) and leave the head gasket stock as it is right now, what safe boost levels does the concensus on here agree on ??

Im just going from memory but Im fairly sure that there is rubber grommets in the cowl to allow you to pull the bolts out and install the studs. Yes 12mm is stock, and no drilling but you may want to use a tap to clean the threads.

You can install the 12mm studs with the engine in the truck. That's how I did mine. One at a time, all the way around, torqued twice in a day. My back was beyond worn out that day. I see 50psi at least once a day and have for over a year since installing the studs and have sprayed some water/meth and so far so good.

Yes. Correct, there are grommets in the cowl you can remove to gain access. 55psi on a warm engine. ~35psi on a cold engine.