A few questions...

Goalie990

My truck seems to want to stay in a higer gear and not shift out.. but if i restart the truck it will be fine. It only does it sometimes. I have a Dtt trans. Anyone have any ideas? And what would be an easy way to adjust my wastegate and when should it open? I also moved my star wheel back and my afc back to maybe see if it would lay off on the smoke a little while driven around town, but it didnt. It made it spool faster tho? And ideas on what else i could do to lessen the smoke a little?

What do you mean it doesn't want to shift out? I know when I'm in OD and I floor it it takes a while before the PCM tells the converter to unlock and let the tranny down shift and lock back up. That's normal. Are you talking about when it comes to a stop or you are just slowing? If I drop below 60mph I turn OD off and cruise around in 3rd.

Depending on what turbo you have (I'm gonna assume factory) have it set to open around 30-35psi. Have you tried sliding the plate back some? What mods do you have done to your truck?

opps im sorry.. there is my sig.. I have alot done.. B1 B2 twins gutted pump, custom injectors etc..

No... it will stay in like 3rd or 4th from a dead stop. It wont downshift

Not down shifting might be cause by a misadjustment on the voltage regulator that should have came with the DTT.

As far as the smoke goes, you've got a lot of fuel going through there and your twins need time to spool since they are decently big. One thing you could try doing is putting a fueling plate back in and adjusting it from there. That could help.

Sounds like voltage to the transmission is incorrect. Check the trans relay. If you're running lockup, check to make sure there's battery voltage at the relay terminals at the jumper. Make sure the voltage regulator is putting out the correct voltage.

Sounds like he may be putting it into limp mode. You running big line pressure?

i know where the dtt modual is.. it ha da screw adjustment. I looked at atll the wires they look all connected and still in good condition

you need a voltage meter.... on the PCM - (Pass. side firewall) I believe its the orange wire with the black tracer out of the middle harness (12V may be different??), with the ignition switch turned on, pierce the wire to see what the voltage reads... it should be 4.6 - 4.7 if not turn the screw till its in that range. if its at 4.6 now turn it down to 4.3 and see if it eliminates your 3rd gear starts.

lavon

A DTT normally does run higher pressures...mine idles around 85psi, and will spike to 205-210psi at lockup in 4th.

Sounds like limp mode to me...mine will do it every once in a while...regulator voltage is around 4.25V. Need to try 4.1V and see what happens!

Chris

its either 2nd or 3rd i cant tell. But i will check the voltage.. and make sure its around 4.25

4.25 would be for a 48RE VB like chris has. 4.6 would be for a 47RE like most 97-02 trucks run.

oh alright.. anyone know what i can do for the smoke? I have moves the afc, played with the starwheel. Im in the process of tryin to find a plate. Are there some wastegate adjustments i can do? Im not to familiar with this twin set up so i donno what to do

Plate will help...slide the afc back all the way, and tune on it some. Do you know what DV's you have???

Sorry about the voltage difference...I guess I wasn't aware a 47RE vb was different than my 48RE. I never asked:D

Chris

Hard to tune out smoke with Laser Cuts and big sticks. Just keep playing with the AFC till you find that sweet spot!

Chris