A good source for oil lines for "the girls"

MikeThomas

So im building twins and need to keep them well oiled. My factory oil line does not reach the new location for my top 60/14 (about 1" shy), and I have nothing for the bht3b bottom. Is there a simple solution out there for me? I love doing the fabwork and custom stuff, but sometimes time is more valuable than money when it comes to details like this. Is any one supplying these other than source-auto, and does anyone know what kind of fittings these are called? Look like a funny flair, but what kinda thread are they? Thanks.:poke:

Any place that builds hydraulic lines and is worth a dam can make these for you. I had one made about 6 in longer and it was only about 20 bucks. Just take the one you have to show them the style, tell them how much longer, and if you need the ends facing one way or another... good luck :Cheer:

-4 (1/4") line at a local hydraulic store made from Teflon stainless braid works great. You can also grab a summit catalog and build it your self from aeroquip/earls/russel Teflon/stainless or rubber/stainless hose parts. The rubber hose is on its edge wit the oil temp of the drain and its best to use a silicone or Teflon/stainless for that. You will need to goto your hydro store for the large -10 (5/8") Teflon hose.
The stock fittings are not compatible with AN/JIC 37* fittings, so you will need a 12mmx1.5 to -4 for the oil supply end.

So, I should stick with a teflon/stainless for the feeds in a 1/4" (-4an) fittings. I figure building it out of AN fittings would be easiest. Is the bht3b inlet the 12x1.5? Is oil temp only an issue for the drain? I think I have a 3' section of the silicon hose that I will use for that.

I think the 3B is NPT, but I could be wrong. I should have paid more attention on the last one I did. Silicone is what the factory uses for the oil drain, I don't see problem with that.

I had the local parker store assemble some lines with the -4an crimped fittings. The physical line size is a lot smaller on the exterior than the factory h1c line, and im not sure of the interior diameter??? The guy said this was a standard size teflon/stainless hose for the -4an so what do you think? He also said a lot of guys run a -3an for their turbo lines, something like 1/8 id":huh::?
Hose.jpg

You don't need a big line. THe BB Garretts restrict it down to < 1/16". That looks about right to me.

The other 1/8npt outlet at your oil filter mount already in use? I would've run two separate oil supply lines.

I figure since they both (ports) share the same oil passage, doing that would be redundant. Plus I have my oil pressure sender there....

OK BGilbert, I did the easy route. 1/8"NPT-5/16 barb to some High pressure hose I got from NAPA to a brass fitting I found in the tool box that fit the B3. Plumbing will be done tonight.

A word of caution- rubber oil line gets too hot when used for feed line on turbos and will eventually blow out. Get braided the first time and you'll save yourself an oily mess.