a high idle mod Question?

BigRyan

i know several of you guys on here have done them, i have a 03 ford excursion and i hooked up the wires under my dash and it didnt idle up, checked the fuse and everything even ran a direct current to it nothing,
my question is that some of the programers out there SCT or EDGE, can you program them to make it idle high or will it throw the whole tune of the engine off?? its important that i get it done cause at my job i have to sit in the truck idling at times and i hate killing it and killing down on my batterys thanks for any help you guys can give me...

Big Ryan

the parking brake doesn't have to be set for it to work on my 04. You sure you have the correct wire?

yeah I'm curious of that too considering it's a Ford mod...

Ryan,
Excursions don't have the wires for the high idle mod under the dash...the harness to the PCM is missing the SEIC activation wire...you might want to find out what you're actually hooked up to..

you can have the high idle mod though...this is how I did mine..

note:you'll be putting a new 12v circuit to the PCM..if you mess it up, don't come crying to me cause the PCM's fried...

get a piece of 16 ga wire long enough to go from the cab to the PCM...don't run it into the cab yet..you'll be adding the wire to the rear most PCM connector...disconnect the batteries, pull the PCM connector, and pry off the cover..

ExcursionSEICmod005.jpg

you'll be putting the new wire in the C12 pin position IIRC..

you'll have to take a small drill bit and cut a hole through the connector to accept the wire and fish it through...

ExcursionSEICmod002.jpg

once it's through you need to make a connector for the pin in the PCM..i used a small red spade connector..i trimmed off the sides and made it round to fit in the connector..

ExcursionSEICmod001.jpg

take your time here...you want a good fit and not crush the PCM pin..

replace the connector to the PCM..your wire should be in the location shown(blue wire)...replace the cover on the connector..

ExcursionSEICmod006.jpg

now test it...reconnect the batteries and start the truck..you don't need the e-brake on..you shouldn't have run the wire to the cab yet so take the end of your new wire and put it to the + terminal of your battery...truck will stay idled up until you pull the wire off the battery....

if all is well, disconnect the batteries and run the new wire into the cab..i put a drop of silicone around the wire in the PCM connector to keep it dry in there..mount a switch where you like, and use a switched source of power for the line side..

ExcursionSEICmod008.jpg

works great!!

thanks for the photos and the work on that, ill be doing that in the next few days...your a lifesaver...

yeah on the Trucks there are wires that can be connected to do this mod

Back