A little more motor mount, a little less jumping around.

RonA

The motor in my first gen jumps around way to much. Even with me changing the mounts regularly. I got tired of it and had a friend of mine double them up so intead of having one mount on each side, there are 2 and they can be changed in just a few minutes by simply loosening the nuts and sliding them out(with the motor lifted slightly with a floor jack). Way less movement and hopefully more durable. I'll try and post some pictures and a link to where I got them. They do not require any modifications to the truck.

RonA

Sweet! Were you damaging the stock ones or they just moved a lot? Did you notice any difference in felt vibrations? Sounds like a good idea, looking forward to pics.

Sweet! Were you damaging the stock ones or they just moved a lot? Did you notice any difference in felt vibrations? Sounds like a good idea, looking forward to pics.

The mounts weren't breaking. They just allowed the motor to move around too much. With the pump I have it idles a bit rough and i get alot of those"look at that poor old man with the truck that's on it's last legs" looks. I don't really mind the staring and laughing, but if I have to stay at a light to long it makes me foam at the mouth.

Drove it home just now. Very nice. Less vibration and rocking at idle.

I heard that the motor mounts he made ended up not working well. Might have been some other ones he made though.

Got the measurements off somehow and it raised the front of the motor up a bit. Making new ones shortly to try and get it taken care of. I'll post pictures then.

Maybe it would rock so much if you tuned the power down a little Ron, that would be the easiest fix lol, they give you the poor old guy look and think it's on it's last legs until they see it run at the track! Haha that truck is pretty much the definition of sleeper!