A518 build

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
I got a 93 w250 an my tranny lost overdrive wen I got it the guy told me overdrive wasn't working so I changed the fluid an filter an it was pretty nasty so wen I did tht it started to go in a little bit but ended up not goin in again so I pretty much just decided to drop it an build it myself so to my question were could I get ahold of a high performance kit tht has everything or mostly everything to do it with I'm gonna be doin alot of sled pulling with this truck any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Could also be an electrical problem keeping it from going into od. Does the speedo and ac work? Is the truck charging?

The speedo works fine an it keeps the charge but I'm pretty sure the ac doesn't work could it be in the tps?

Well I'm kinda clueless at this point cause I made a pot kit for it didn't work an then I put overdrive on a toggle switch an I couldn't get tht to work either so i'm kinda lost on why it would just go out other then the overdrive solenoid is bad or overdrive all together is just plain screwed

oh then you probably do have an od problem in the trans I didnt realize you had dona all that already sorry.

Ya guess should of mentioned tht to begin with so I suppose I should jus drop it an see wats goin on but why it's out I mize well just build or I'm also thinking swapping in nv4500 but kinda pricey so kinda figured cheaper route would build it a little bit

Ok say it was the crank sensor could tht be the reason my wait to start light is on 95 percent of the time?

Mine, does the same thing....And when the WTS light is on, OD will not engage. My truck only does this when I hit a bump.

Don't rebuild the tranny, it's and electrical gremlin or a Crank Sensor. Heck, might even be the voltage regulator.

If it was the voltage reg or the crank sensor the truck would not charge. There is a 2 wire connector on the trans for the od. One is constant hot the other is a switched ground. Make sure you have power down to that selonoid.

I know my regulator is bad. My alt. still charges. Dang voltage needle looks like a ticking time clock.

These trucks are known for numerous wiring problems. To say it couldn't be is crazy.

Why is his wait to start light on?

I am not trying to be a jerk just trying to help that's all. If there is power to the od selonoid and he grounds the other wire it should have od unless there is something wrong inside the trans. That will bypass the entire electrical system then he will know for sure where the problem is.

I was doin sum research last nite an I figured Out I hooked my toggle up wrong so I'm gonna redo tht an try it again an post my results

The blue wire on the OD solenoid harness is power, grounding the other wire will give you OD if the trans is in 3rd. Check the blue wire and make sure it has power.

It goes into overdrive great now so I'm gonna leave it like tht I plan on the tranny goin anyways wen I get a set of injectors an sum more fuel else where so it will do but wat would cause my wait to start light to stay on all the time?

Check the ground on the rad suppurt near the battery. Make sure it has a good connection. You can also check the fusable links over the left front inner fender near the hood hinge.